This 208 hour DHEC approved course is designed to prepare students for emergency medical technician level.
- Must be 18 years of age PRIOR to the last class.
- Be physically fit and able to perform ALL the tasks required of an EMT Basic.
- Attendance: May miss no more than 10% of the 208-hour course, or 20.8 hours.
- National Registry exam fees: Practical exam $100 for the four-station examination. Written exam $70.00 at a PearsonVue Testing Center.
- Depending on the clinical rotation: a criminal background check ($25.00) and proof of MMR, Hepatitis & Varicella Zoster immunizations and Tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray MAY be required.
Basic EMT class, Beaufort Campus
October 7, 2014 – April 29, 2015, 5:30p-9:30p
Textbook: $122 (price subject to change)
*Tuition $1400, SLED $25, WorkKeys Free if taken within one week. Books purchased in the TCL Bookstore.
Prior to paying for tuition, students must:
- Make an appointment to meet with Marilynn Koerber (525-8368)
- Take WorkKeys Applied Math, Reading for Information, and Locating Information. All 3 tests are free if taken within one week. If it takes longer to complete the tests than one week, they are $16 per test. Call Jayne at 525-8205 for testing days and times
- Pass a Criminal Background check ($25)
Upon successful completion of course the practical exam ($100) will be given at LC EMS in North Charleston and the written ($70) given at PearsonVue in Savannah.
Class is limited to 8 students.
This DHEC approved course is designed to provide EMT’s with a review of the medical knowledge to provide care to the ill and injured at the scene and enroute to a medical facility. Call to schedule a class. Book $122.00 (price subject to change)
EMT Reciprocity also available, Call for details.
Be Sure You Meet Course Requirements before Applying. Click here for details.