- Must be 18 years of age PRIOR to the last class.
- Be physically fit and able to perform ALL the tasks required of an EMT Basic.
- Attendance: May miss no more than 10% of the 208-hour course, or 20.8 hours.
- National Registry exam fees: Practical exam $100 for the four-station examination. Written exam $70.00 at a PearsonVue Testing Center.
- Depending on the clinical rotation: a criminal background check ($26.00) and proof of MMR, Hepatitis & Varicella Zoster immunizations and Tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray MAY be required.
NEW CLASSES COMING THIS FALL!
*Tuition $1400, SLED $26, WorkKeys Free if taken within one week.
Prior to paying for tuition, students must:
- Contact Cynthia Gray (843-525-8368).
- Take WorkKeys Applied Math, Reading for Information, and Locating Information. All 3 tests are free if taken within one week. If it takes longer to complete the tests than one week, they are $18 per test. WorkKeys testing is offered every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday at Beaufort County Adult Education located at 1300 King St., Beaufort, SC. Please arrive prior to 1:00pm.
- Pass a Criminal Background check ($26)
Upon successful completion of course the practical exam ($100) will be given at LC EMS in North Charleston and the written ($70) given at PearsonVue in Savannah.
Class is limited to 12 students.
This DHEC approved course is designed to provide EMT’s with a review of the medical knowledge to provide care to the ill and injured at the scene and enroute to a medical facility. Call to schedule a class.
Be Sure You Meet Course Requirements before Applying. Click here for details.