TCL staff, students, and faculty are eligible to borrow materials from our Beaufort Campus and our New River Campus using their TCL ID. In addition, valid public library cards are accepted from Hampton, Beaufort, Jasper, and Colleton counties, and all participating PASCAL Delivers institutions. Visiting patrons must register as borrowers in the LRC.
In addition to checking out books, current Technical College of the Lowcountry faculty, staff and students may check out Kindles.
• Kindles circulate for two weeks and may not be renewed.
• The LRC must have a signed borrower’s agreement prior to checkout.
• You may request one title to be loaded onto a Kindle. You will be notified when the Kindle is ready to be picked up.
• New titles are not loaded on Kindles at the Circulation Desk.
• Return the Kindle to the circulation desk where you checked it out.
• Do not pile other books or materials on the Kindle. This may damage the screen.
• Anything you saved to the Kindle will be deleted when it is returned.
• Late fees are $10.00 per day. There is no grace period. Charges will be based on the cost of the Kindle plus fines and processing fees.
• You are responsible for any damage done to the Kindle while it is checked out to you, and will be charged a damage fee based on the damage up to the cost of replacement. Also, you will be charged the replacement fee if a Kindle is reported missing or stolen while checked out to your account.
• Kindle 2 $139.00 plus $15.00 processing fee
• Kindle DX $379.00 plus $15.00 processing fee
• Kindle Cover $50.00
• Kindle USB cable, $15.00
• Kindle Power Adapter, $20.00