Organized in 1983, The Technical College of the Lowcountry Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization classified under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation establishes private sector support through grants and gifts to enhance TCL’s teaching and educational capabilities in ways not available through state or local county appropriations. It further provides scholarship assistance to deserving and qualified students.
The Technical College of the Lowcountry Foundation receives contributions from individuals, businesses, industries, civic and professional groups, foundations and alumni. There are many ways to give to the TCL Foundation, all of which help meet the demands of a growing Lowcountry.
The TCL Foundation supports the College in a variety of areas:
- Raising funds for student assistance including tuition and books
- Aiding the College in maintaining the state-of-the-art instructional equipment
- Funding special capital projects such as the New River Campus
- Raising funds for special projects including new program development
- Promoting a better understanding of the College, its mission, and value to the Lowcountry