Spring 2014 Scholarship Application Package
The deadline for Spring 2014 scholarship applications is 5:00 p.m., November 14, 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact Gloria Duryea at 843.525.8294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Technical College of the Lowcountry Foundation has awarded over 1.7 million dollars in scholarship funds since its founding in 1983. Lowcountry donors have made significant contributions to the Foundation scholarship funds allowing talented individuals to obtain the education and training needed for new and better jobs.
A general scholarship fund is maintained and the Foundation receives contributions to the fund each year. Several donors have established scholarship funds that may have specific criteria.
Awards vary in amount and are applied toward tuition or books. Applications are screened by a scholarship selection committee consisting of TCL Foundation Board members and TCL officials.
TCL FOUNDATION APPLICATION PROCESS
All applicants must complete TCL Financial Aid Forms including the FAFSA as part of the application process. Only students who have an unmet financial need as determined by their FAFSA form will be considered.
1. Complete the Scholarship Application Form:
You can complete the application online here: Online Scholarship Application
Or you can print the application form here: Printable Scholarship Application
2. Essay: A short personal essay explaining why you have applied for the scholarship and your educational goals. Please include any community involvement and any other activities or personal information that would assist the scholarship committee in making its decision (i.e. a recent change in employment). Click here for Essay Prompts to help you get started. Please type your essay in paragraph form – do not submit the essay prompts.
3. Statement of GPA: GPA must be 2.5 or higher. Record your GPA on application form and turn in a copy of unofficial transcript (which can be obtained from TCL WebAdvisor or Student Records department). College will verify.
4. High School/College Transcript: If you are a current TCL student, please submit an unofficial copy of your transcript. If you are a first time TCL student, please submit a copy of your high school transcript, transcript from another college, or GED certification.
5. Copy of Spring 2014 Course Schedule: Provide a copy of your Spring 2014 course schedule by Thursday, November 14, 2013. You must be registered for a minimum of 6 credit hours.
6. Recommendation Forms: Using the forms in the application packet, request two recommendations from instructors and/or employers. (The committee likes to see at least one recommendation from an instructor/teacher.) The recommender will return the form directly to the Foundation by Thursday, November 14, 2013. The recommendation form can be found here: Foundation Scholarship Recommendation Form
7. Acceptance letter: Into academic program (applies to Health Science students only – ex. Acceptance into nursing program).
TCLF SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the semester for which they are applying.
- Applicants must have unmet financial need for tuition and/or books. (All applicants are required to complete TCL Financial Aid Application process, including filing a FAFSA: – Applicants must have unmet financial need for tuition and/or books).
- Applicants must have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.5 or higher.
- Late applications require a letter of explanation and proper documentation of why it is late. If any part of the application packet is missing, the application will be denied.
The applicant will submit a complete Scholarship Application Packet by 5:00 P.M. Thursday, November 14, 2013 to the TCL Foundation, Building 12, Suite 210, Beaufort Campus. Applications may be submitted by noon on November 13th at the New River or Hampton Campuses.
Questions? Contact TCL Foundation, Building 12, Beaufort Campus.
Phone: 843.525.8294 / Fax: 843.470.5963 / email@example.com
John F. and Valerie Curry Educational Scholarship
Lion Jay E. D’Meza Memorial Scholarship
Linda Ellis Scholarship
Thomas and Carol Henry Scholarship
Thelma and Ellis Hodges Memorial Nursing Scholarship*
F. James and Shelia H. Hodges Fund Scholarship
Macgregor Kilpatrick Memorial Scholarship
Richard D. and Virginia E. Lundy Scholarship Fund of the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry
Mather Legacy Scholarship (Please note you are related to a Mather School Alumni on application)
Kathleen H. Ruth Memorial Scholarship
Jean Small Scholarship
Peggy Wymond Verity Memorial Scholarship
Jean Wilson Memorial Scholarship
* The Thelma and Ellis Hodges Scholarship gives first preference to a nursing student from Jasper County.
BUSINESS, FOUNDATION & CIVIC ORGANIZATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Bank of America ASSIST Scholarship
The Bargain Box Scholarship
The Beaufort Fund Scholarship
Calhoun Station Scholarship
Family Resources Scholarship
The Friends of Callawassie Scholarship
Hilton Head Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship**
Hilton Head Legal Staff Professionals Scholarship
The Long Cove Community Scholarship
The Lowcountry Human Resources Association Scholarship
Lowcountry Rotary Club Scholarship
The D. L. Scurry Foundation Scholarship
**The Hilton Head Hospital Auxiliary Scholarships are awarded to second year Health Science students.