Welcome Home! Need to take a class this summer?
Relax. There’s an application for that at the Technical College of the Lowcountry.
Register by May 17 for Summer 10- week classes that start May 23. Register by May 26 for Summer II 8-week classes that start June 6 . Get started today! Here’s how:
Enter TCL as a transient student. You are a transient student if you are pursuing a degree at another college or university but you choose to take some approved classes at TCL.
- Will TCL classes transfer to my current college or university? It is possible that any TCL class will transfer to your current college or university as long as you have an approved transient approval form from your home institution. This form is what gives you permission to take the TCL course(s) and ensures that the course(s) will transfer back. Find out more about classes that transfer on the Student Records web page.
- How do I know if the class I need is offered during the summer? Use the TCL Course Search feature to peruse classes offered. In the Term field selection, select either 10-week or 8-week Summer Term. (The 10-Week Summer term starts May 23 and ends by August 6. The 8-Week Summer term starts June 6 and ends by August 2.) And remember, TCL offers evening and online classes to fit into your hectic summer schedule. Plus TCL offers classes at campuses in Beaufort, Bluffton and Hampton. Click here for instructions on using the course search feature.
So, just how do I enter TCL as a transient?
1. Apply for Admissions
Submit a TCL admissions application. You do not need to take a placement test.
2. Obtain a Transient Approval Form
Contact your advisor at your home institution to receive a Transient Approval Form or Letter. You and your advisor must ensure that you have met pre-requisites for theTCL courses for which you will register. This approval is only valid for one semester and is your assurance that your home institution will accept the TCL courses for credit.
3. Submit the Transient Approval Form
Submit the Transient Approval Form or letter from your current college or university by one of the following methods:
- Visit the Student Records Office in building 2, room 106 at the Beaufort Campus on 921 Ribaut Road, Beaufort S.C.
- Scan and email to Allison Canning at email@example.com
- Fax to (843) 525-8285, Attn: Allison Canning
4. Register for Classes
Contact Allison Canning in the Student Records Office to register. She may be reached at 843-525-8210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Pay Tuition
Learn about tuition and fee information. After you register, you will receive information regarding your schedule and tuition.
6. Complete Transcript Request Form
Click here for details about sending your TCL transcript back to your home institution once your class is completed.