Are you a spouse or dependent of an Active-Duty Military member? Well, first of all, let us thank you for your support! Now, let us support you in this process. Please see below for steps to enrolling at TCL!
- Apply online at www.tcl.edu/apply.
Be sure to select active-duty military spouse or dependent.
- Gather documentation and contact or visit enrollment services.
- Schedule and take placement test if needed. If Enrollment Services advises you to take the Placement Test, please schedule a placement test by contacting the Testing Center at 843-525-8344. Allow yourself at least 2 hours to take all 3 parts of the COMPASS test. Be sure to bring a photo ID with you when you go to take the test. When you have completed the test, you will immediately be referred back to Enrollment Services, who will then provide you with a review of your scores along with your advisor’s information for advisement and registration. To take a practice test of the placement test, please click here.
- Complete the FAFSA. Even if you plan to have MyCAA Assistance, the FAFSA will ensure that you are considered for additional financial aid that can help pay for other items such as books and living expenses. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is online at www.fafsa.ed.gov . TCL’s school code is 009910. Click here for more information.
- Meet with Military Community Liaison to discuss:
- Set Up your WebAdvisor and TCL Email Accounts
- Sign up for New Student Orientation.
- Meet with your academic advisor and register for classes.
- Check your WebAdvisor account to ensure that all your Tuition & Fees have been paid. Pay any balance due.
- Obtain Student ID and parking pass from Student Records in building 2 at the Beaufort Campus or from the reception area at New River and Hampton.
- Purchase books from TCL’s Bookstore.