TCL to offer free career development workshops
The Technical College of the Lowcountry’s Continuing Education and Workforce Development Division will offer a series of free career development workshops in March and April.
The first, “Get that Job: How to Navigate the World of Work in the Lowcountry,” will be held from 9 a.m. to noon, on March 7, 9 and 11 at the TCL New River Campus in Bluffton. Jack Wilson, successful author and owner of Career Sciences, a national consulting firm located on Hilton Head Island, will lead this job search workshop that will cover:
- analyzing skills and strengths
- developing a resume
- understanding the job market
- planning a campaign
- and networking and interviewing
Please call 843.470.8405 to reserve a space. Seating is limited.
TCL also will offer an additional four free workshops to help job seekers hone their professionalism and job search skills in the new economy.
This series will be offered from 5 to 7 p.m., Tuesdays March 22 through April 12 at the Whale Branch Early College High School, 139 Detour Road in Seabrook. Attendees can register to participate in a single course or plan to attend the entire series. An active email address is the only requirement before attending any of these offerings.
- Building Your Resume, March 22: Participants will learn how to create a winning resume. This is a hands-on working session.
- Email Etiquette, March 29: In this session, participants will learn important tips and tricks for email etiquette and when it is appropriate to talk face-to-face or over the phone.
- Steps to a Successful Interview, April 5: This session will focus on the basics of job searching; interview etiquette and attitude; dressing for success and how to answer tough interview questions.
- Intro to Social Media, April 12: Social Media is all the rage. This session will explore the basics of Facebook and LinkedIn, which can be used to help make and enhance professional connections.
For more information or to register, please call 843.470.8405.
Contact: Leigh Copeland
Office: 843- 525-8231
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Technical College of the Lowcountry is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all qualified applicants for admissions or employment without regard to race, gender, national origin, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, or political affiliation or belief.