The Building Construction Technology Certificate Program was designed to educate students in residential and light construction. The program follows parameters set by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System. Seven new certificates were recently developed to provide extensive training in the areas covered by LEED Green Building. Many of these new certificates have been designed for completion in one college semester to quickly advance students into the building construction industry with a skill that’s in demand. The Building Construction Technology Certificate program also prepares current building construction technicians for working with alternative energy applications in solar heating and solar panels, wind driven electrical generation and building weatherization.
Career options are as varied as the opportunities in the green building construction industry. Most TCL graduates can combine one or more set of skills and can find constant employment in the four-county area.
- There is a high demand for building construction technicians in rough in construction to interior/exterior finishes
- Plumbers are almost always in demand
- Sheetrock and roofing specialists find employment in new construction as well as in remodeling and home improvement
- Rough-In/Finishing electricians are in extreme demand in the new housing construction marketplace
- Estimators are needed to prepare bids and calculate the amount of materials needed to complete a job
- Building construction technicians can work on new construction teams or as specialists in the home improvement/remodeling market
- Building construction technicians with an understanding of LEED concepts are becoming highly sought after
The Building Construction Technology Certificate program prepares the student for employment in the green construction and green construction related industries. Students are trained in all phases of residential and light commercial construction through a combination of classroom and practical application experiences. The Building Construction Technology Certificate program is a hands-on program where students learn by actually performing the skills that are in demand by the industry.
- Basic Construction Technician Certificate
- Finishing Electrician
- Foundations/Framing/Renovations Certificate
- Indoor Environmental Quality Certificate
- Green Residential Construction Management Certificate
- Plumbing Certificate
- Rough-In Electrician
- Solar Photovoltaic Technician
- Solar Thermal Technician
Note: For list of required courses, please see course catalog
Tim Newsome / 843.525.8290 / email@example.com
Building Construction Technology Instructor / Location: Building 16, Room 126
Kenneth Flick / 843.525.8238 /Fax: 843.470.8413 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Business and Industrial Technology Division Dean / Location: Builsing 14, Room 125