The mission of Student Support Services is to encourage students success by providing customized quality educational services that support students’ accomplishments of their academic and social development goals.
Student Support Services (SSS) Program Overview
The Student Support Services (SSS) program is a federal TRIO program that serves to motivate students towards the successful completion of their post-secondary education. The goal of SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants and to facilitate the process of transition from one level of higher education to the next.
Is Student Support Services (SSS) for you?
Each year 160 selected students participate in the Student Support Services (SSS) program at the Technical College of the Lowcountry. Through Academic, Career and Educational (ACE) Services, SSS participants receive opportunities for advanced academic development. Join us and learn more!
As a part of the SSS program you will experience:
- Enhanced study skill strategies
- Academic and career workshops
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Visits to college/universities throughout the United States
- Peer tutoring and mentoring
All Student Support Services are free.
You are eligible if you are:
- US citizen or permanent resident, and,
- A TCL student who demonstrates an academic need in core classes, and
- The child of parents who did not graduate from a four-year, post-secondary institution, or,
- You are eligible according to federal income guidelines
SSS Program Benefits
The SSS program includes the following opportunities:
SSS Fall 2013 Workshops