What you will learn
- Medical coding terminology is required for medical coding, including the structures and functions of the human body
- The disorders and medical procedures common to each body system
- Legal, ethical, and regulatory concepts central to the field, including HIPAA compliance and third-party guidelines for filing insurance claims.
- The main coding manuals: ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, and HCPCS Level II.
- How to code diagnoses, services, and procedures for all systems of the body
- Fundamentals of medical billing & coding and medical terminology
- Word parts and the structures and functions of the human body
How you will benefit
- Get hands-on, practical experience in medical billing and coding that will help you on the job.
- Receive a certificate of completion and prepare to sit for the professional certification that best aligns with your interest and career goals.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam offered by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam offered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Receive a voucher for the professional certification exam of your choice
- Receive access to study materials that align with the exam option you choose
COST: $4,599.00 Includes prepaid voucher for the professional certification that best aligns with your interests and career goals.
for eligible South Carolina residents!
Click here to see eligible programs.
Click here for the Fall 2021 course schedules.