All new students must submit their Official High School transcript or GED and Official College Transcripts (for all institutions attended if applicable). There are three options for submitting transcripts:
1) Mail: P.O. Box 1288, Beaufort, SC 29901
2) Electronically via a third party sender.
3) In-person in the original sealed envelope at any TCL campus.
Legal Presence and Residency*
Tuition is based upon the student’s legal residency as defined in The Code of Laws of South Carolina, guidelines determined by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education and the Technical College of the Lowcountry Commission. A student’s residency classification for tuition purposes is determined by the Admissions staff at the time an admission application is submitted and according to College policies and procedures. You may be selected for legal presence and/or residency verification after your application is submitted, which will require you to submit additional documentation.
*If you are a current student that needs to request a change of residency status, please refer to the Change of Residency Status Form and submit all required documents to Admissions.*
Please refer to the list below of approved documentation for proof of legal presence:
- Birth Certificate
- US Passport (non-expired)
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Military ID (except for dependents)
- Active, Retired, Reservist, National Guard
- DOD ID
- DD-214 Form
- Work Authorization Card, must be Category 33 on card-not eligible for in-state tuition
- Permanent Resident Card-eligible for in-state tuition if card is active for more than 1 year.
- If you are a Visa holder, please contact Admissions for the list of approved Visa’s.
Contact Admissions at email@example.com for guidance on residency classification.