The Patient Care Technician is able to work in a variety of healthcare settings including hospital, office, and long term care facilities. If you enjoy direct patient care utilizing diverse skill sets, then the Patient Care Technician Program is for you!
The TCL Patient Care Technician Program consists of Principles of Patient Safety, Medical Terminology, Electrocardiogram (ECG), and Phlebotomy. Students who successfully complete the ECG and Phlebotomy courses are eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association ECG and Phlebotomy certification exams respectively. Upon successful completion of the PCT program, students will be eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association PCT certification exam.
Note: Students must complete the CNA program prior to beginning the PCT program.
Be Sure You Meet Course Requirements before Applying.
Prior to paying for tuition, students must:
- Take the WIN or WorkKeys Applied Math, Skills and Reading For Information. A Silver Level on the WIN or WorkKeys is required for PCT. All 3 tests are free.
- Testing is offered at Beaufort County Adult Education located at 1300 King St., Beaufort, SC. Testing is available Monday through Friday. Please arrive before noon.
- Take the WIN or WorkKeys in Hampton through the Jasper/Hampton Adult Education program call 803-903-1052 for more information.
- Take the WIN or WorkKeys in Walterboro through Colleton County Adult Education call 843-782-0018 for more information.
- Pass a criminal background check ($26)
- Obtain SC CNA
- Obtain BLS for the Healthcare Provider
- TO REGISTER, visit our registration page, or email email@example.com