The purpose of Defensive Driving is:
- to remove up to 4 points from your driving record and it may reduce your insurance. (You must contact your personal insurance company as all policies differ).
- Points must be present against driver’s record prior to taking the class in order to qualify for the up to 4 point-deduction. Points are not accrued.
- If you have received the letter from the DMV stating you have 30 days until your license expires, you can only take Defensive Driving during that 30 day period. Once your license expires, you cannot take the class to reinstate your license, You will need to call National Safety ASAP.
- The class will not remove any charges from your driving record or restore your suspended license.
- You can only take a defensive driving class for point reduction one time every three years. Contact the National Safety Council if you are unsure when you last attended a class.
- If you have a driver’s license from a state other than SC, it will be up to you to contact the Highway Department from that state to get the points removed from your driving record.
- Restricted Licenses with traffic violations may need to contact the National Safety Council before registering for class. 1-800-733-6185.
Also note: Doors will close at 8AM SHARP. No refunds issued for tardiness or non-attendance unless office is contacted 48 hours prior to class. Please make sure to be in class before 8AM.
Please note that the registration deadline will be at noon the Thursday before the class starts!
2020 Schedule All classes are 8:00am to 5:00pm
|January 11, 2020||January 25, 2020|
|February 8, 2020||February 22, 2020|
|March 14, 2020||March 28, 2020|
|April 11, 2020||April 25, 2020|
|May 9, 2020||May 23, 2020|
|June 13, 2020||June 27, 2020|
|July 11, 2020||July 25, 2020|
|August 8, 2020||August 22, 2020|
|September 12, 2020||September 26, 2020|
|October 10, 2020||Octo0ber 24, 2020|
|November 21, 2020|
|December 5, 2020|
- Classes are held on the Beaufort and New River locations
- Class registration closes at 12:00pm on Thursday before a class
- No refunds for no shows
- Be in class before 8AM
Click Here for 2020 Defensive Driving Schedule
Registration Questions? Call 843-525-8205