You are not alone! Our community and partners are actively sharing resources and tools to keep everyone informed, safe and healthy during this rapidly changing situation. This page serves as a catalog of those resources and will be updated frequently. If you come across a resource you’d like to share, please send info to email@example.com
- Always call 911 if you have a medical emergency.
- MUSC is offering free virtual visits for those with COVID-19 symptoms. See details here.
- See important messages from Beaufort Memorial Hospital and Tenet (Hilton Head Regional and Coastal Carolina Hospital).
Health & Safety Information
Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Comcast is offering two months of free wi-fi service. See details at https://www.internetessentials.com/.
- Hargray is offering free wi-fi options. Check out the details at https://www.hargray.com/hargray-special-programs
- Need wi-fi at home? This might be worth checking out: https://corporate.charter.com/…/charter-to-offer-free-acces…
- Spectrum has also offered free services. See details here.
- Adobe gives students free home Creative Cloud access – here’s how to get it
- Here’s The Entire List of Ivy League Courses You Can Take Online For Free Due to School Closings
- SCETV will have k-12 instructional programming 3 days per week and online. See SCETV’s list of K-12 resources here.
- Metropolitan Opera announced that it would stream encore presentations from the award-winning Live in HD series of cinema transmissions. All “Nightly Met Opera Streams” will begin at 7:30pm EDT and will remain available via the homepage of metopera.org for 20 hours. The homepage link will open the performance on the Met Opera on Demand streaming service. Go to https://www.metopera.org/
- List of 12 Famous Museums That Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch (Video).
- Social distancing: Six virtual tours you can take if you’re stuck at home
- You Can Take A Virtual Tour Of Hawaii While Hanging Out In Your Pajamas At Home
- Explore US National Parks via 360 degree virtual tours
- Psst! Take Your Kids On Virtual Rides While Disney Parks Are Closed Due To COVID-19
- Netflix and Google present: Netflix Party: https://www.netflixparty.com/
- Frick Collection From Home: https://www.frick.org/visit/virtual_tour
- Google Arts & Culture: https://artsandculture.google.com/
- The National Gallery has a YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/nationalgalleryuk/videos
- Cincinnati Zoo has Home Safari Facebook Live at 3pm: https://www.facebook.com/cincinnatizoo/
- Omaha’s Zoo From Home: https://www.omahazoo.com/zoo-from-home
Exercise & Stress Relief
- Stay Active at Home: We’re Giving You Hundreds of Workouts For Free on Active
- Turn2me is an online support group for individuals suffering with Anxiety and Depression: https://www.turn2me.ie/
- TheTribe is another online support group: https://support.therapytribe.com/anxiety-support-group/
- Daily Strength is a forum for anxiety with lots of peer to peer support: https://www.dailystrength.org/group/anxiety
Food & Financial Assistance
- Beaufort County Schools providing breakfast, lunch to children 18 and under. See details here.
- Bluffton Self Help
Contact information: Call 843-757-8000 or complete a form on its website.
- Food pantry: Bluffton Self Help is maintaining its current food distribution hours. Current clients with their BSH cards can pick up pre-bagged food once a week. Bluffton residents who aren’t already clients but who need food can call Bluffton Self Help’s main line to set up a time to pick up food. Staff or volunteers will bring the food to people’s vehicles.
- COVID-19 Family Support Fund: This fund is designed to help people with lost wages during the virus outbreak and will go through the organization’s Financial Assistance Program (greater Bluffton/Okatie residents) and support mortgage/rental/utility assistance and food. Families needing financial assistance can access the application online www.blufftonselfhelp.org and drop off a completed application Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Interviews will be conducted via phone.
- Emergency Financial Assistance: The organization is accepting only completed forms. The application is online. The newly created COVID-19 Family Support Fund has been set up to help people with lost wages and will go through the financial assistance program.
- Education and Resource Center: The center continues business as usual. All classes are proceeding unless otherwise noted.
- Deep Well Project on Hilton Head Island
Contact information: Call 843-785-2849 or complete a form on the website.
- Food pantry: Although in-person shopping in the pantry is temporarily suspended, those in need can register for food assistance and have food from the pantry brought to their car. People can get food assistance only once per four weeks No special food orders are being accepted. Delivery will be available only in an extreme situation.
- Emergency Financial Aid: Call to speak with a staff member about your situation 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Applicants will need to fill out a form.
- Livable Housing Home repairs: New applications seeking help with repairs will not be accepted until at least May 1.
- Furniture/appliance room: This room will be open Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 3 to 5 p.m. for those with vouchers.
- VITA Free Income Tax Assistance: Help is offered on Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. as long as staff is available.
- United Way of the Lowcountry
Contact information: Call 843-524-HELP (4357)
- United Way of the Lowcountry’s HELPLINE: Residents in Beaufort and Jasper counties can speak with a trained specialist who can provide information and referrals to local resources and services.
- JLKevents and DJ Trivia of the Lowcountry are teaming up
Contact information: Call 843-384-4748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have groceries (or other supplies) delivered: This company has had event cancellations because of coronavirus and is offering its team of workers, vehicles, and trailers to help deliver groceries or supplies “to anyone who feels like they should not go out and possibly expose themselves to any illnesses.”
- Franciscan Center
Pantry open 10:00 – Noon , Tues and Thursday.
85 Mattis Dr, Saint Helena Island, SC 29920,(843) 838-3924
- Sandalwood Food Pantry
Tuesday and Friday 11:30 – 1:30 PM. No longer need approval and/or filling out forms until April 30, 2020. Staff will pack all bags and take out to client.
- 114 Beach City Rd, Hilton Head Island, SC 29920, (843) 645-0935