Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Congress has given each service the ability to pay up to 100% for the tuition expenses of its members. Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process’ and restrictions. This money is usually paid directly to the institution by the individual services.
Trying to figure out where Tuition Assistance fits into the process?
- Apply for Tuition Assistance through your Education Office on-base.
- After you’ve completed your TCL admissions application. You’ll need your Degree Plan for your Tuition Assistance form. Your Degree Plan, is your TCL Program Evaluation. You can download this through your Self Service Account, or contact the Military Community Liaison on base.
- Visit http://www.mccs-sc.com/lifelong/tuition.asp for all the details regarding setting up your Tuition Assistance. (Tuition Assistance is provided through your branch of service and is not administered by TCL.)
- Submit your Tuition Assistance Voucher to the Cashier’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or inside Building 3. Pay for tuition if not using Tuition Assistance and other financial aid.
- If you have a remaining balance, you can make payments online on your Self Service account or inside the Cashier’s Office inside Building 3. They accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.