The Technical College of the Lowcountry is excited to introduce the Building a Better Lowcountry (BBL) Scholarship to public high school graduates of Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper Counties! The BBL Scholarship will ensure that all qualified graduates can attend college at TCL tuition-free.
- You must be a 2020 graduate of a Public High School or Public Charter School from Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton or Jasper County.
- Qualifying GPA- 2.75 for one-year occupational certificates or two-year technical degrees; 3.0 for two-year university transfer degrees
- Must be enrolled full-time in college level courses. Full-time is 12 credit hours or more. Developmental courses are not covered by BBL.
- The scholarship covers the Fall and Spring semesters over a two year time period immediately following graduation.
- Student’s must maintain full-time enrollment and their qualifying GPA each semester to maintain receiving the BBL scholarship.
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet all residency requirements for in-state tuition. Students must apply for state-sponsored scholarships such as LIFE, HOPE, the SC Need-Based Grant Program, SC Wins or the Lottery Tuition Assistance Program.
**For a full list of requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org**
What is the value of the BBL Scholarship?
- The BBL Scholarship can be used to enroll in a one-year occupational, two-year technical or university transfer program at the Technical College of the Lowcountry.
- The scholarship will cover the remaining tuition costs of attending TCL after all other available scholarship, lottery and financial aid funds have been secured for each student.
- The initial award must be used during the fall or spring semester following high school graduation.
- The BBL Scholarship is designed to fill in any financial gaps not filled by other scholarship funds. Before the BBL Scholarship is applied, eligible students must first apply for state-sponsored scholarship opportunities such as LIFE, the SC Need-Based Grant Program, or the Lottery Tuition Assistance Program.
- BBL applicants are required to complete a FAFSA.
- University Transfer Program applicants are encouraged to apply to be University Scholars and receive an additional $500 per semester!
Visit www.tcl.edu/bbl for all the details.