Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally funded aid program that provides on campus or off campus community service work opportunities to qualifying TCL students. Students must meet the financial aid requirements to qualify for a position.
How do I apply for Federal Work Study?
- Complete the FAFSA online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Mark “yes” to the question of the FAFSA that asks if you are interested in student employment
- If a student is eligible and offered FWS it will be reflected on the student’s award letter
- Submit a Federal Work Study Application to Financial Aid
Federal Work Study Policy
- Students must be enrolled in 6 or more credit hours
- Students may work up to 15 hours per week while school is in session
- Pay rate for on campus jobs is $10/hr and for off campus community service jobs is $12/hr
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Students must meet Satisfactory Academic Standards requirements
- Students may not work during a scheduled class or lab
- The FWS year is July 1st through June 30th
- Student awards may be changed based on changes to the student record which may result in a student’s FWS award being increased or decreased