MAKING COLLEGE MORE AFFORDABLE.
The SC Promise Scholarship Program offers a maximum of $2,000 per academic year after all funds from Pell Grants, Tuition Grants, Life Scholarship and Lottery Tuition Assistance have been awarded. The SC Promise scholarship can be applied toward tuition and fees and includes up to a $300 allowance toward books. To qualify, you must have earned a high school diploma or GED between 2013 and 2018 while residing within an eligible school district.
Eligible School Districts in TCL’s Service Area
- Hampton 1
- Hampton 2
New TCL Students
- Complete your TCL Admissions Application
- Complete your FAFSA
- Email your complete SC Promise Scholarship Application to email@example.com.
Current TCL Students
All the Details:
- GRADUATION: You must have earned a high school diploma or GED between 2013 and 2018 while residing within one of the eligible school districts identified below.
- APPLICATION: You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and SC Promise Scholarship Application.
- PROGRAMS: You must pursue a certificate, diploma or degree from one of the SC Technical College System’s 16 colleges. Students that have previously received a bachelor’s degree are not eligible.
- CLASSES: You must enroll in at least six credit hours during the Fall 2018 and/or Spring 2019 semesters.
- GPA: You must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- MENTORING ACTIVITIES: You must participate in mentoring activities as determined by the local college. Examples include, but are not limited to, development of a personal success plan and financial counseling.
Recipients may receive up to $2,000 per academic year after all funding from the Pell Grant, Tuition Grant, LIFE Scholarship and Lottery Tuition Assistance (LTA) has been awarded. The scholarship may cover the cost of tuition, mandatory fees and program fees. It includes a $300 allowance for books. Refunds are not allowed.
TRANSFERABILITY OF FUNDS
The SC Promise Scholarship is portable across the state. Students meeting the eligibility criteria may apply the scholarship towards the cost of tuition and fees as well as an allowance for books at any of the SC Technical College System’s 16 colleges.
LEAVES OF ABSENCE
A student may continue to receive scholarship funds following an approved leave of absence as long as the sum of the absences does not exceed six months.
ALL ELIGIBLE SCHOOL DISTRICTS
If you are a recent graduate from one of these districts and now live in TCL’s service area, you may still be eligible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.