A great career solution.
Your love for numbers plus TCL’s accounting certificate equals a great career.
The Accounting certificate program will prepare you for entry-level employment in accounting and bookkeeping fields. TCL’s expert instructors teach you practical accounting skills and how to apply those skills in a variety of work places.
The S.C. mean wage for bookkeepers and accounting clerks is $36,070, according to 2017 reports from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
TCL’s 21-credit-hour certificate program can be completed in as little as three semesters. Courses include accounting, individual tax procedures, payroll, and business mathematics. Students also learn QuickBooks and Excel.
Accreditation & Accolades
Technical College of the Lowcountry is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Technical College of the Lowcountry.
What People Are Saying
FAQs & Additional Informationtoggle all
Tuition: 21 credits x $190 per credit = $3,990.
Remember, this is before S.C. Lottery Tuition Assistance and other financial aid, which could drop your costs by more than half. In fact, after financial aid, many TCL students attend for free.
*Based on Fall 2019 in-state, in-service-area tuition. Your actual cost may differ. Does not include fees, books and other costs. Qualifications vary.
With appropriate experience and education, some bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks may become accountants or auditors.
The program is a great fit for those who:
• Have an interest in computers.
• Are detail-oriented.
• Are ethical and respect confidentiality.
• Have strong math skills.
Gainful Employment: Learn more about the Accounting Certificate.
Request More Info
SC WINS will help boost the number of technical college graduates in “critical” workforce areas.More News
Explore Related Programs
- Private: Business Administration – Career Pathway in Hospitality and Tourism Management: Associate in Applied Science
- Business Administration – Career Pathway in Golf Management: Associate in Applied Science
- Business Administration – Career Pathway in Fire Service Administration: Associate in Applied Science
- Accounting: Certificate
- Entrepreneurship/Small Business: Certificate
- Private: Culinary Arts: Certificate
- Hospitality / Tourism Management: Certificate