General Technology: Associate in Applied Science
Tech it up a level.
Combine your favorite subjects to create your own general technology degree.
Technical College of the Lowcountry’s General Technology Associate Degree program allows you to combine fundamental general education courses with a technical specialty and a cross technology to form a degree program.
The Industrial Technology Division currently offers certificate programs in Building Construction Technology, Computer Aided Design, Heating-Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Industrial Electronics and a diploma program in Cosmetology. Students in these programs can opt for an Associate Degree in General Technology or combine courses from other divisions to create an avenue for an Associate Degree in General Technology.
It’s time to earn your associate degree and become even more valued by employers.
Accreditation & Accolades
Technical College of the Lowcountry is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Technical College of the Lowcountry.
What People Are Saying
“I love the flexibility that this program offers students – they get to choose the courses they love.”
FAQs & Additional Informationtoggle all
Students applying to the General Technology associate degree program must supply the following documentation before registering for courses:
• An official copy of high school transcripts or Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) transcripts. A certificate of completion will not be accepted as a substitute for a high school diploma or GED.
• All candidates for the General Technology associate degree program must take the COMPASS/ASSET placement evaluation unless they have official college transcripts with a “C” or better in Math for Business & Finance (MAT 160) and English Composition I (ENG 101).
• Official transcripts must be sent from the issuing college directly to the Admissions Office at TCL via the mail.
• A copy of the high school or GED transcripts, COMPASS/ASSET placement evaluation, and/or college transcript must be at the TCL Admissions Office before a student can register.
• Students lacking these requirements may register as Career Development students but will not be admitted into the General Technology programs until all requirements are met.
Tuition: 60 credits x $190 per credit = $11,400.
Remember, this is before S.C. Lottery Tuition Assistance and other financial aid, which could drop your costs by more than half. In fact, after financial aid, many TCL students attend for free.
*Based on Fall 2019 in-state, in-service-area tuition. Your actual cost may differ. Does not include fees, books and other costs. Qualifications vary.
The required course subject area has a minimum of 33 semester credit hours- 21 semester credit hours must be from a single content area in a certificate, diploma or degree awarded by TCL The secondary technical specialty should consist of 12 semester hours from a certificate, diploma or degree. Examples of General Technology associate degree combinations may vary depending on the students desire to educate themselves in various areas of technology. Students have combined HVAC and building construction, building construction and residential wiring, HVAC, and computer aided design, and HVAC and general business to name a few. The General Technology associate degree program is a great avenue for students seeking to satisfy a two-year degree requirement for employment opportunities.
The program is a great fit for those who:
• Need a two-year degree to satisfy employment requirements.
• Like different aspects of technology.
Request More Info
The gift establishes the Palmetto Electric Cooperative Lobby at the Culinary Institute of the South, set to open fall 2021.More News