Industrial Electronics Technology: Associate in Applied Science
Power up your future.
Pursue a degree in industrial electronics, and get the high-tech skills to always be in demand.
TCL’s 64-credit-hour Industrial Electronics Technology Associate Degree program can be completed in as little as five full-time semesters. There is a strong hands-on component to all electronics classes, plus TCL is an academic training partner with Microsoft.
Courses include computer networking and troubleshooting, electronic communications, electrical installation, digital home technology integration, Windows services, and more.
Graduates will be qualified to pursue careers in electronics, electronics communications, and computer servicing, repair and networking. The median annual wage for electrical and electronics engineering technicians was $59,480, according to 2017 reports from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
It’s time to upgrade your electronics skills and upgrade your paycheck.
Certify Your Skills
Students will have the background to test for A+ Computer Servicing, Network+, Security+, Microsoft Professional Certification, Microsoft Certified System Administrator, Microsoft Certified System Engineer, and the FCC General Radio Telephone License.
Accreditation & Accolades
Technical College of the Lowcountry is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Technical College of the Lowcountry.
What People Are Saying
“We’ll prepare you to get the industry certifications you need to find a great job.”
FAQs & Additional Informationtoggle all
Students applying to the Industrial Electronics Technology associate degree program must supply the following documentation before registering for courses:
• An official copy of high school transcripts or Graduate Equivalency Diplomas (GED) transcripts. A certificate of completion will not be accepted as a substitute for a high school diploma or GED.
• All candidates for the EEM associate degree program must take the COMPASS/ASSET placement evaluation unless they have official college transcripts with a “C” or better in Math for Business and Finance (MAT 160) and English Composition I (ENG 101).
• Official transcripts must be sent from the issuing college directly to the Admissions Office at TCL via the mail.
• A copy of the high school or GED transcripts, COMPASS/ASSET placement evaluation, and/or college transcript must be at the TCL Admissions Office before a student can register.
• Students lacking these requirements may register as Career Development or certificate program students but will not be admitted into the EEM program until all requirements are met. Microsoft Certification Students: See your advisor for a list of courses required from Microsoft Certified System Engineer training.
Tuition: 64 credits x $190 per credit = $12,160.
Remember, this is before S.C. Lottery Tuition Assistance and other financial aid, which could drop your costs by more than half. In fact, after financial aid, many TCL students attend for free.
*Based on Fall 2019 in-state, in-service-area tuition. Your actual cost may differ. Does not include fees, books and other costs. Qualifications vary.
Electronics technicians help engineers design and develop computers, communications equipment, medical monitoring devices, navigational equipment, and other electrical and electronic equipment. They often work in product evaluation and testing, using measuring and diagnostic devices to adjust, test, and repair equipment, according to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The program is a great fit for those who:
• Have strong math and mechanical skills.
• Enjoy problem-solving.
• Are logical thinkers.
Request More Info
TCL receives $1.6 million for Student Support Services September 24, 2020
The SSS grant of $1.6 million will serve up to 160 students per year over the next five years.More News
The gift establishes the Palmetto Electric Cooperative Lobby at the Culinary Institute of the South, set to open fall 2021.More News
Explore Related Programs
- Industrial Electronics Technology – Avionics Pathway: Associate in Applied Science
- Industrial Electronics Technology – Biomedical Equipment Repair: Associate in Applied Science
- Digital Home Technology Integration: Certificate
- Basic Audio Video Production Technician: Certificate
- Network Administrator: Certificate
- Network Engineer: Certificate
- A+ Computer Servicing: Certificate