Industrial Electronics Technology – Biomedical Equipment Repair: Associate in Applied Science
Think Biomedical Equipment Repair.
Knowing how to install, maintain and repair medical equipment will open doors to a great career.
Biomedical equipment technicians install, maintain and repair patient care equipment, including defibrillators, heart monitors, medical imaging equipment (x-rays, CAT scanners, and ultrasound equipment), and more.
Greater demand for healthcare services and the use of increasingly complex medical equipment will drive employment growth. Those who have an associate degree in biomedical equipment technology will have the best job opportunities. The S.C. annual mean wage for medical equipment repairers is $43,120, according to 2015 reports from U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics.
TCL’s 64-credit-hour Biomedical Equipment Pathway program gives you the skills and knowledge to land the job you want. The program can be completed in as little as five full-time semesters. Courses include general education, technical troubleshooting, medical and computer equipment repair, networking and more.
An internship is also offered, allowing students to receive hands-on training in the facilities throughout Beaufort, Jasper, Colleton and Hampton.
Accreditation & Accolades
Technical College of the Lowcountry is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Technical College of the Lowcountry.
What People Are Saying
“Those who have an associate degree in biomedical equipment technology will have the best job opportunities.”
FAQs & Additional Informationtoggle all
Students applying to the Industrial Electronics Technology – Biomedical Equipment Pathway (EEM.BIO) associate degree program must supply the following documentation before registering for courses:
• An official copy of high school transcripts or Graduate Equivalency Diplomas (GED) transcripts. A certificate of completion will not be accepted as a substitute for a high school diploma or GED.
• All candidates for the EEM.BIO associate degree program must take the COMPASS/ASSET placement evaluation unless they have official college transcripts with a “C” or better in Math for Business and Finance (MAT 160) and English Composition I (ENG 101).
• Official transcripts must be sent from the issuing college directly to the Admissions Office at TCL via the mail.
• A copy of the high school or GED transcripts, COMPASS/ASSET placement evaluation, and/or college transcript must be at the TCL Admissions Office before a student can register.
• Students lacking these requirements may register as Career Development or certificate program students but will not be admitted into the program until all requirements are met.
Tuition: 64 credits x $170 per credit = $10,880.
Remember, this is before S.C. Lottery Tuition Assistance and other financial aid, which could drop your costs by more than half. In fact, after financial aid, many TCL students attend for free.
*Based on Fall 2016 in-state, in-service-area tuition. Your actual cost may differ. Qualifications vary.
The program is a great fit for those who:
• Have physical stamina to work late hours or long shifts.
• Enjoy troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Have good time management skills.
Request More Info
TCL receives $1.6 million for Student Support Services September 24, 2020
The SSS grant of $1.6 million will serve up to 160 students per year over the next five years.More News
The gift establishes the Palmetto Electric Cooperative Lobby at the Culinary Institute of the South, set to open fall 2021.More News
Explore Related Programs
- Industrial Electronics Technology – Avionics Pathway: Associate in Applied Science
- Industrial Electronics Technology – Biomedical Equipment Repair: Associate in Applied Science
- Digital Home Technology Integration: Certificate
- Basic Audio Video Production Technician: Certificate
- Network Administrator: Certificate
- Network Engineer: Certificate
- A+ Computer Servicing: Certificate