Let’s get registered.
Registration is the process of planning and officially registering your seat in class. It’s best to meet with your academic advisor before you register. Use your TCL Self-Service account to register for classes. See details below. Register now for Spring II & III classes. If you are new to TCL, visit https://www.tcl.edu/admissions/enrollment-steps/.
Need to schedule an appointment with The HUB for advisement or registration? Use our QLess appointment scheduler to make a Zoom appointment, schedule a phone conference, or request email communication.
Enrollment & Registration Guide
Everything you need to know about enrollment and registration can be found in our new and improved 2020-2021 Summer, Fall, Spring Registration Guide PDF.
What courses are offered when?
Visit the course search tool or the PDF listing here to see a list of Spring II (7-week) and Spring III (10-week) semesters. These condensed-format classes provide high-quality learning experiences in fewer weeks for the same academic credit. Classes include Accounting, Business, Computers, Criminal Justice, Culinary, English, History, HVAC, Hospitality, Math and many more.
Remember to use the course search tool for the most up-to-date listings. Always meet with your advisor to plan an appropriate course schedule before you register.
TCL Self-Service Student Planner allows students to review their progress, plan their schedule and register for classes. Financial Aid will not be awarded for courses you register in that are not required in your program of study. NOTE: If you are not in the correct program of study you must change it prior to registering for classes. Contact your Advisor for assistance.
1) Login to TCL Self-Service at tcl.edu/selfservice.
2) Select the Student Planning tab.
3) Go to My Progress to review the courses you still need to plan and register for. From My Progress, select a course to place on your plan.
4) Click View Available Sections. Review the sections to select the one that works best with your schedule. Click Add Section to Schedule.
5) Review section details and click Add Section.
6) Repeat steps 3 through 5 to build your schedule.
7) Select Plan and Schedule from the Student Planning tab at the top of the page.
8) Use the arrows to navigate to the term you are registering for. Select Register for each planned course in each term OR select Register Now to register for all planned courses. Be sure to review for error messages and take appropriate steps to resolve.
9) Check to be sure your course status moves from Planned to Registered for each desired course.
Video Instructions – Click below.
Note: Students who wish to take a course outside of their program and pay for it out of pocket should contact Student Records on the Beaufort Campus (Bldg. 2, Room 106).
NEW! Waitlist Option
Waitlisting is now available in Self-Service for select courses (primarily BIO, CHM, and MAT). Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to add yourself to a waitlist in Student Planning function of Self-Service.
Registered? Now what?
Once you register, remember to complete these additional enrollment steps:
- If you registered without being advised, schedule a time to check in with your advisor – just to make sure you are in the right classes.
- Apply or make updates to your financial aid.
- Pay your outstanding tuition and fees. (You can check your balance on Self-Service.)
- Purchase books.