Tax Time is Around the Corner!
Are you ready to file your return for free?
IRS-certified volunteers are available to provide free income tax assistance to low-to-moderate income, elderly, differently-abled, and limited English proficient (LEP) individuals and families. Tax
preparation will begin on February 5 and end April 18, 2018. Additional locations may be added based on regional needs and the availability of organizations willing to host volunteers. For more
information or to schedule an appointment, call 843-321-9071 or visit http://www.vitalowcountry.org
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All Forms 1095 (A, B, C), Health Insurance Statements
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
To file your taxes online at no charge, visit http://www.myfreetaxes.com.
The Lowcountry Area Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Coalition has been serving our community since 2008 with support from generous sponsors. For more information, visit: http://www.vitalowcountry.org