TCL’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is the component of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) reaffirmation process that reflects and affirms the commitment of the Commission on Colleges (COC) to enhancing the quality of higher education in the region and to focusing attention on student learning. Core Requirement 2.12 requires, among, other things, TCL to develop a QEP that includes an institutional process for identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment and focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the Technical College of the Lowcountry (TCL). The QEP is embedded within TCL’s ongoing integrated institution-wide planning and evaluation process.
The QEP looks toward the future. Comprehensive Standard 3.3.2 mandates that TCL (a) demonstrate institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP; (b) involve broad-based institutional constituencies in the development and implementation of the QEP; and (c) establish goals and an assessment plan. These requirements launch a process that will move TCL into a future characterized by the development and/or modification of creative, engaging, and meaningful learning experiences for students as it relates to advising.
Developing a QEP as a part of the SACSCOC reaffirmation process is an opportunity for TCL to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue—Student Advisement—that TCL considers important to improving student learning. During the On-Site Review, which is scheduled for October 29–31, 2013, evaluators will expect the QEP to present a clear and comprehensive analysis of the crucial importance of Student Advisement to TCL. Responding to this reaffirmation requirement provides a stimulus for directing critical and creative energy.
QEP Advising Documents
Agendas and Minutes
QEP Steering Committee
QEP Best Practices and Literature Review Workgroup
QEP Student Ambassadors Workgroup
QEP Marketing Workgroup
QEP Implementation Team
QEP Leadership Committee
QEP Leadership Team
- Leadership Team Minutes 10-21-13
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes11-5-13
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes 12-3-13
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes 4-15-2014
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes 6-3-2014
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes 7-15-14
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes 9-9-2014
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes 9-19-2014
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes 10-10-2014
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes 10-24-2014
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes 12-16-2014
- QEP Leadership Team Minutes 6-9-2015
QEP Professional Development Workgroup
- QEP Professional Development Subcommittee 07-01-13 Minutes
- QEP Professional Development Minutes 10/23/2014
- QEP Professional Development Minutes 2/19/2015
QEP Assessment Team
- QEP Assessment Team Meeting June 13
- QEP Assessment Team Meeting October 11,2013
QEP Resource Allocation Workgroup
QEP Status Report Pilot Year 2013-2014
QEP Academic Advising Council
What’s the Buzz?
The “Be Advised” video, shared at Convocation, is now available on YouTube. It’s geared toward students, but will help explain the QEP topic. (Yes, you’ll also learn what bees have to do with it.)
For more information about Student Advising at TCL, please visit www.tcl.edu/advisement.