New Student Orientation is for all new students. It’s the best way to get all of the information you will need to begin and complete your educational journey at Technical College of the Lowcountry. Keep in mind that we recommend that you meet with your advisor and register for classes BEFORE orientation.
Choose in-person or online –
Summer New Student Orientation is available online. After you register for classes, the orientation will be available to you in your Blackboard account.
Fall 2018 New Student Orientations will include information for New Students:
Dual Enrollment/ECCO New Student Orientations for Fall 2018:
Wednesday, June 13th 9-11 am / 6-8 pm
Wednesday, Jully 11th 9-11 am / 6-8 pm
Wednesday, August 8th 9-11 am / 6-8 pm
New River Campus
Tuesday, June 12th 9-11 am / 6-8 pm
Tuesday, July 17th 9-11 am / 6-8 pm
Thursday, August 9th 9-11 am / 6-8 pm
Thursday, June 14th 9-11 am / 2-4 pm
Wednesday, July 25th 9-11 am / 2-4 pm
Friday, August 10th 9-11 am
Need to register for Orientation?
Online Orientation Option for Summer 2018:
The Online New Student Orientation is available for ALL REGISTERED students. You can find the Orientation in your Blackboard account. The link for directions on how to set up your Blackboard account are here: https://www.tcl.edu/student-services/blackboard/
Students that complete the online orientation will receive a certificate for 15% off at the Bookstore
*Some exclusions apply, see store for details.
*Must present orientation completion certificate.
- Important Academic Advising Information (Click here for some helpful information about contacting your advisor.)
- Financial Aid and how to pay for classes
- Get to know TCL. Learn about the Tutoring Center, Learning Resource Center, How to navigate the website, how to set up your technology, Bookstore information and more!
- How to navigate your online classes
- Additional information on Veterans Resources and Student Support Services
Now what? After you have completed Orientation, here are your final steps before starting next semester:
- Follow up with Financial Aid
- Buy your books
- To buy your books at the Beaufort bookstore you will need a copy of your printed class schedule and your Student ID. The bookstore is not responsible for checking on your Financial Aid. Please be sure that you have funds in your account before purchasing your books using Aid. You can view your most accurate available balance for books in your Self-Service account.
- Pay your bill or set up a payment plan
- Online through Self-Service or In-person with the Business Office.
- The payment plan is a $35 non-refundable fee that allows you more time to pay your bill. Payment plans must be completed in person at the Business Office.