New Student Orientation is for all new students. It’s the best way to get all of the information you will need to begin and complete your educational journey at Technical College of the Lowcountry. Keep in mind that we recommend that you meet with your advisor and register for classes BEFORE orientation.
Choose in-person or online –
In-Person Options for Fall 2017
New Student Orientations will include information for New Students, Dual Enrollment Students, and Veteran/Active Duty students
- Beaufort: 9 a.m. to noon, Friday, August 4
Link to Register for Beaufort Campus New Student Orientation
- New River: 9 a.m. to noon, Friday, August 11
Link to Register for New River (Bluffton) Campus New Student Orientation
- Hampton: Monday, August 7thfrom 10am-12pm
Link to Register for Hampton Campus New Student Orientation (Monday)
- Hampton: Tuesday, August 8thfrom 10am-12pm
Link to Register for Hampton Campus New Student Orientation (Tuesday)
Online Orientation Option for Fall 2017:
The Online New Student Orientation is available for ALL REGISTERED students. You can find the Orientation in your Blackboard account. The link for directions on how to set up your Blackboard account are here: https://www.tcl.edu/student-services/blackboard/
Students that complete the online orientation will receive a certificate for 15% off at the Bookstore
*Some exclusions apply, see store for details.
*Must present orientation completion certificate.
- Important Academic Advising Information (Click here for some helpful information about contacting your advisor.)
- Financial Aid and how to pay for classes
- Get to know TCL. Learn about the Tutoring Center, Learning Resource Center, How to navigate the website, how to set up your technology, Bookstore information and more!
- Student Support Services
- How to navigate your online classes
- Breakout sessions for Dual Enrollment and Veteran/Active Duty Military Students