Qualified high school students in Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton, and Jasper counties may receive college credit for high school classes through participation in the Technical College of the Lowcountry (TCL) program known as Dual Enrollment. This program provides classes to high school students in the four counties served by TCL whether attending a public, private, or home education school.
Need to schedule an appointment? Download the Navigate app or visit http://tcl.navigate.eab.com/
Why Dual Enrollment?
There are several reasons to take college courses while in high school.
- Reduce the cost of a college education – TCL’s tuition and fees are less than at the state’s four year colleges and universities. Earning 15 semester hours credit at TCL can save one semester’s tuition at the higher college/university tuition rates. Additionally, Lottery Tuition Assistance (LTA) is available only at the state’s two year colleges.
- Lighten your college load – Taking some of the basic freshman and sophomore courses at TCL can lighten your academic load your first semester on campus at your four year college/university. This will leave time to adjust to college life while away from home. Having a lighter load may help you do better academically or graduate early.
- Learning to handle college-level work – College courses often require only three hours of work in the classroom. However, there is often the expectation of spending three times that outside of class independently studying, reading, completing projects, and doing assignments.
- Explore potential career paths and college majors while still in high school. Learn employable, lifelong skills in a variety of areas.
- Earn a TCL Program Certificate while still in high school! You can graduate from high school, start your career and be employed in your field.
Ready to Apply and Enroll?
Choose from the list below for details and more information.