The Latest COVID Updates & Information
We look forward to seeing you in person (or virtually)! All TCL campuses are now open but some offices may have varying hours. Masks are strongly encouraged in all common/open areas and when meeting with individuals.
It is expected that students adhere to the safety rules established for Technical College of the Lowcountry.
More about the Coronavirus
How is the Coronavirus Spread?
- Through the air by coughing and sneezing
- Through close personal contact such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching an object that has the virus on it and then touching your nose, mouth or eyes
Who is at Risk?
- Travelers to and from certain area are at an increased risk; as are the close contacts of those who are ill
- Please note that the current risk of the coronavirus to the public is low
What are the symptoms?
- Shortness of breath
How is it prevented?
- Wash hands (often)
- Use preventive measures (avoid handshakes or other physical greetings such as hugs, etc.)
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth and unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Stay home while you are sick; avoid others
- Cover mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve
- For more information about developments, please check the dedicated SC DHEC page at https://scdhec.gov/health/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19.
- In addition, please review this fact sheet with helpful tips about prevention.
- Also, check the World Health Organization’s website www.coronavirus.com