TCL believes in being an active member of the communities in which we serve. After all, communities that invest in their people are communities that ensure their future. That’s why we’re not only proud to serve four Lowcountry counties in which we’re located, Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton and Jasper, we’re also proud to live and work here.
How To Do Business with The Technical College of the Lowcountry
The TCL Purchasing Department is responsible for procuring goods and services for the college in accordance with the South Carolina Consolidated Procurement Code. The department responds to the operating needs of all college departments providing quality goods and services at competitive prices within an appropriate timeframe.
The TCL purchasing office is located in Building 3 on the Beaufort Campus. Vendors should make an appointment prior to visiting the office to guarantee uninterrupted time with the purchasing director. The director can be reached by calling 843.525.8250 or via email at email@example.com.
Only the College Purchasing Director has the authority to issue orders on behalf of TCL. Other college personnel may place orders using a state procurement card. All other orders require either a valid purchase order number or a valid state procurement card number.
The College will not consider any order binding unless a purchase order has been issued for that purchase. All purchases must be approved and authorized by the Procurement Director or made with a state procurement card. Purchases made outside these guidelines may be returned to the vendor at the vendor’s cost or consider them a donation to TCL.
- Small Purchases: Purchases for $10,000 or less do not require competition, provided that the price is fair and reasonable.
- Purchases $10,001 to $50,000, the solicitation has to be advertised in South Carolina Business Opportunities Publication (SCBO) at least once. The award will be made to the lowest responsive and responsible vendor. Click here to view SCBO ads (http://www.procurement.sc.gov).
- Purchases $50,001 and over, the solicitation will be sent to the Materials Management Office (MMO) in Columbia for processing. Allow at least 120 days or longer for the solicitation to be processed.
- Certain categories of goods and services are covered under statewide purchasing contracts. TCL must purchase these items from the approved contract vendors. Current statewide contracts can be found at www.procurement.sc.gov.
All invoices must reference the purchase order number and be submitted to the Technical College of the Lowcountry, Attention Accounts Payable Department, PO Box 1288, Beaufort, SC 29901.
All shipments must be FOB, freight prepaid, to TCL unless otherwise specified in the Solicitation. Also, all shipments must be delivered to the location shown on the purchase order. Shipments or deliveries made to other locations may delay payment. Vendors are not to deliver directly to the requestor unless approved by the Procurement Office. All shipments must reference a valid purchase order number.
Reservation of Rights
TCL reserves the right to make modifications to the contents of these instructions without prior notice to the vendor. If a discrepancy occurs with this website, to include but not limited to, instructions and the solicitation or purchase order, the contents of the solicitation and/or purchase order will govern.
Should any questions arise concerning the contents of this publication, or doing business with the Technical College of the Lowcountry, contact the Procurement Officer at 843.525.8250.
Solicitations for Bids
- Small Wares for Culinary Lab
- Building 10 Floodproofing
- Pest Control Bid 2019
- TCL Parking Lot Rehab 2019
- Security Bid 2018
- Beaufort Grounds Bid 2018
- New River Grounds Bid 2018
- 2018 Janitorial Bid NR
- Bid internal FA Services 2018
- HVAC bid 146 2018
- Vending bid 2018 – Vending Amendment 1
- Cab Trailer 2018
- 2017 Audit
- Radiology System Equipment for Classroom Use
- Refuse Bid
Intent to Award