Important information for post 9-11 GI Bill users: Senate Bill 1503 was made a law on Saturday, March 21, 2020 which ensures that the VA will continue to cover courses that are converted to distance learning at in-class rates, due to Covid-19 and will continue through December 21, 2020. This covers the current smester, Summer, and Fall. Registration opens April 1!

TCL is committed to serving veterans, active duty military, their spouses and dependents stationed in the Lowcountry. TCL is an approved institution for administering the educational benefit programs of the Veterans Administration (VA) as well as a member of the Service members Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium and the SOC Degree Network System.

At this time the office has gone virtual – please contact me by email or at (317) 366-8489 with any and all questions! We are here for you through this period.

Ready to Enroll?

Please choose from the options below to learn more about enrolling at TCL. These instructions are customized based on your military affiliation, so please read them thoroughly.

Additional Information:

Need Help


Director of Veteran Services
Christina Welsch-Copeland –
Bldg. 12, Room 107
Phone: 843-525-8264

As the campus is closed to students and visitors I will be working from the bases. Please contact me at my email above or on my cell phone—317-366-8489—at any time and I will be happy to help you at any point!

Military & Veterans Navigator / School Certifying Official
Jamella Taylor –
Monday thru Thursday – 0830-1730
Friday – 0830-1130
Bldg. 2, Room 142
Phone: 843-525-8340

On Base:

Christina Welsch-Copeland –

Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island
Bldg. 923, Room 30
Phone: 843-228-2659

Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort
Bldg. 596, Room 107A
Phone: 843-228-7494