Academic Advising ensures you are choosing the right classes based on your program’s curriculum. Your advisor will help you plan your semester course schedule and help you decide which classes you’ll need to register for. Advisement sets you up for success and timely graduation.
Meet Virtually with Your Advisor
Every student is assigned an academic advisor based on the program of study you have declared. Contact your advisor by email to set up a virtual appointment for advisement.
Find out who your advisor is and their email address by logging in to TCL Self Service.
- Go to https://selfservice.tcl.edu
- Select the Student Planner tab
- Select Go to Plan & Schedule
- Click on the Advising tab to view your advisor information
Prepare for Your Meeting:
- Review your “My Progress” in the TCL Self Service student planner. This tool is designed to help you and your advisor create a course schedule and track your progress toward program completion. It identifies which courses you have already completed and which courses still need to be completed.
- Go to Plan & Schedule to develop your semester schedule. Review days, times and format (online, in-person or a combination of both) of courses to be offered.
- Complete your Advising-Syllabus before meeting with you advisor.
Remember that the “My Progress” is only a tool and is not an official graduation audit. Students should always refer to the college catalog with questions regarding their degree and major requirements. Program Evaluations do not replace your academic advisor. Always consult your advisor.
Need Help with Student Planner?
Note for Online Only students:
If you are taking ALL of your classes online, you are advised by the same advisors as the students who are in classrooms. If you cannot come in to see the advisor, you should email the faculty member for advisement and then register yourself using your TCL Self-Service account. Use the Quick Student Planning and Registration Guide to step by step instructions.
Advisement Contact Information
NOTE: The college campuses remain closed due to COVID-19. However, faculty and staff are available virtually to provide services including advising. Please see above on how to find out who your advisor is and their email address. If you need assistance contacting your advisor please email HUB@tcl.edu.
Need help using TCL Self-Service?
Please contact any of the following for assistance:
Beaufort Mather Campus (upstairs Bldg. 12)
New River Campus (Rm. 128)
New to TCL?
Visit our Steps to Registration to see where advisement fits into your process.
Are you a continuing student at TCL?
Visit www.tcl.edu/registration to get all the details about registering and to see where advisement fits into your plan.