Military Tuition Assistance: Contact your Education Office Liaison on base to sign-up for Military Tuition Assistance.
- Degree Plan: You will need to contact our Military & Veteran Affairs Office to obtain your personalized Degree Plan for your Education Office Liaison to evaluate and approve your eligibility. Military Tuition Assistance recipients must complete and submit all admissions requirements before asking our office to provide them with this document.
- Submit TA Voucher: Please use your TCL Student Email to submit your approved Tuition Assistance Voucher to the Cashier’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or inside Building 3 (Beaufort Mather Campus) each semester.
Apply for Your VA Benefits (Chapter 1606: Montgomery G.I. Bill® & Chapter 1607: Montgomery G.I. Bill® – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) Recipients): Current National Guard Members and Reservists may qualify for either Chapter 1606 or Chapter 1607 benefits. Those who previously served as an active duty military servicemember may also qualify for other G.I. Bill® programs (i.e., Chapter 33: Post 9/11). Contact the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 to verify possible eligibility. If eligible, apply online at https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/. *Please allow up to four to six weeks for processing.
- After you apply for your VA Benefits, please send a screenshot of the application confirmation page to our Veterans Affairs Office at email@example.com.
- Within four to six weeks, VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility in the mail. Don’t forget to send that document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid): Complete the FAFSA online at https://fafsa.gov/. TCL’s school code is 009910. Starting October 1st each year, you must complete the FAFSA for all financial aid, including the SC Lottery Tuition Assistance program. *Please note that it takes about a week for our Office of Financial Aid to receive your FAFSA application.
Financial Aid Eligibility: Confirm your eligibility with our Office of Financial Aid via TCL Self Service and your TCL Student Email. *Students may have to submit additional documentation to be awarded financial aid. You can contact them at email@example.com or (843) 470-5961.
South Carolina National Guard College Assistance Program (SCNG CAP): The SCNG College Assistance Program will pay 100% of college tuition and fees at state supported institutions up to $4,500 per year, with a lifetime cap of $18,000 per service-member. Service Members must be in good academic with the institution to receive CAP funding.
- To determine eligibility, contact your National Guard Education Office Liaison or Commanding Officer. Apply online via: https://www.scguard.ng.mil/Resources/Education-Office/.
- If approved for CAP funds, our Office of Financial Aid will need to verify your eligibility based on your current financial aid status. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 470-5961.