Thank you for all you do in protecting our freedom! We are excited that you are interested in furthering your education at TCL.
Steps to Enrollment:
- Apply online at www.tcl.edu/apply. Be sure to select “active duty military”
- Then gather your documentation and visit Admissions.
- Proof of SC Residency – Please provide one of the following: Original Military Orders/Web Orders, SC Driver’s License SC Vehicle Registration (must be issued at least 12 months ago or more), SC Voter’s Registration High School or College Transcript (for the past 12 months).
- Schedule and take Placement Test, if directed by Admissions. If Admissions advises you to take the Placement Test, please schedule a placement test by contacting the Testing Center at 843-470-8400. Allow yourself at least 2 hours to take all 3 parts of the COMPASS test. Be sure to bring a photo ID with you when you go to take the test. When you have completed the test, you will immediately be referred back to Admissions, who will then provide you with a review of your scores along with your advisor’s information for advisement and registration. To take a practice test of the placement test, please click here.
- Complete the FAFSA. Even if you plan to have Tuition Assistance, the FAFSA will ensure that you are considered for additional financial aid to help pay for other items such as books and living expenses. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is online at www.fafsa.ed.gov . TCL’s school code is 009910. Click here for more information.
- Contact the Military Community Liaison to discuss:
- Set Up your TCL Self Service Account and TCL Email Accounts
- Sign Up for New Student Orientation
- Meet with your academic advisor and register for classes.
- Check your TCL Self Service Account to ensure that all your Tuition & Fees have been paid. Pay any balance due.
- Obtain Student ID and parking pass from Student Records in building 2 at the Beaufort Campus or from the reception area at New River and Hampton.
- Purchase books from TCL’s Bookstore.
Veterans Services Coordinator
Christina Welsch-Copeland – firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday thru Thursday – 0830-1730
Friday – 0830-1130
Bldg 12, Rm 107
Military Community Liaison:
Henry Dreier email@example.com
Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island
Monday and Wednesday
Bldg 923, Rm 30
Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort
Tuesday and Thursday
Bldg 596, Room 107A