Your great future starts now.
College on your mind? Great! TCL has you covered. Here is our step-by-step list of what you need to do to apply and enroll. Please remember, we are standing by to help you every step of the way. Feel free to call us at 843.525.8207, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come see us at any TCL campus.
Choose a Program of Study
Our 80+ accredited programs of study provide you with the education you need to land a great career or transfer to a four-year university. In fact, 93 percent of our graduates go on to work in their field of study or continue their education. (You’ll need to declare a major when you apply.)
Apply Online Free at www.tcl.edu/apply
Please submit the short questionnaire first at tcl.edu/apply, and then complete the official Admissions Application online.
Apply for Financial Aid
All students should complete the federal government’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov . TCL’s school code is 009910. You must complete the FAFSA for all financial aid including the SC Lottery Tuition Assistance program. Start the financial aid process early because it takes time to complete. Financial Aid qualifications vary. Visit TCL Financial Aid for details.
Submit Official High School / College Transcripts.
You will need to submit your official final high school/GED transcript to be eligible for financial aid and to register for your classes. If you are graduating from High School, please send us your final transcript after you have officially graduated.
- Request and submit your final High School or GED Transcript (not the diploma) to Admissions. Mail to: Admissions ● P.O. Box 1288 ● Beaufort, SC 29901
- Request and submit all previous College Transcript(s) prior to registration to Student Records. Mail to: Student Records ● P.O. Box 1288 ● Beaufort, SC 29901
- Transcripts may be submitted in-person in the original sealed envelope from the school or through a third party sender (e.x.-Parchment). The Technical College of the Lowcountry does not accept Official Transcripts via email.
Contact Admissions about Residency and Placement Testing
You may be required to provide additional proof of residency based on your application. Please refer to the list of approved documentation for proof of residency. If you have additional questions, contact your Admissions Counselor, call 843-525-8207 or email email@example.com.
Not everyone needs a placement test, but if Admissions advises you to do so, you can schedule a placement test by contacting the Testing Center at 843-470-8400.
How do I know if I need to take a placement test?
- SAT/ACT scores are accepted if they are less than 5 years old:
- SAT prior to 3/1/16: Writing=480, Reading=480, MATH=440
- SAT after 3/1/16: Evidence Based Reading/Writing=540, Math=480
- ACT: Writing=18, Reading=21, Math=22
- Accuplacer and Compass scores expire after 3 years.
- If you are transferring in college level English and Math credits, you may not need to test. Check with your Admissions Counselor after you submit your Official College Transcripts.
*If you are a current student that needs to request a change of residency status, please refer to the Change of Residency Status Form and submit all required documents to Admissions.*
Set Up Your TCL Email
Activate both your TCL Email Account and TCL Self-Service Student Planner accounts immediately to access information to assist you in the enrollment process. Please click here to see full instructions on setting up your TCL Email accounts. If you need further assistance, contact the Help Desk at 843-525-8344.
Meet with Your Advisor
Contact your advisor immediately to set up an appointment for advisement. As a new student, your advisor will help you choose your appropriate classes. To learn more about your advising visits check out the Advising Syllabus.
Register for Classes
After you meet with your Academic Advisor, register online using your TCL Self-Service Student Planner. Use the Quick Student Planning and Registration Guide for step by step registration instructions.
Sign Up for New Student Orientation
Orientation is recommended for all new students! Register now at www.tcl.edu/orientation.
Pay Tuition & Fees
Pay your outstanding tuition and fees or sign up for the payment plan. (You can check your balance on Self-Service.)
Obtain Student ID and Parking Pass
Visit Student Records.
Purchase Textbooks and Supplies
Visit www.tcl.edu/bookstore for all the details.