As of March 27, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
- ONLINE. For the remainder of the Spring semester all classes are online. At present, Summer classes are online.
- LOG IN. Students, make sure to log in to your classes on the first day. This is important!
- WI-FI. The College has established Wi-Fi hotspots on all campuses. See the Student Resources webpage for additional Wi-Fi information.
- Beaufort Mather Campus. Wi-Fi is available at two locations, the parking lot with the security guard office near Building 12 and the Building 6 parking lot.
- Bluffton New River Campus. Wi-Fi is available in the main parking area.
- Hampton Mungin Center. Wi-Fi is available in the main parking area near the welding trailer.
- Student communication will happen via email and social media. Students, please check your email frequently as well as social media for news and resources.
- CAMPUSES CLOSED. The College campuses are closed through April 30 as directed by the South Carolina Governor. There is no access to any buildings.
- Registration for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 starts April 1.
- STUDENT SERVICES. Student Services staff are available via email, chat, and all social media platforms during out normal business hours (8 am-5:30 pm, M-Th, 8-11:30 pm Friday). They can also be reached by email at email@example.com or accessing the NEW live chat option on any of the following websites: tcl.edu/admissions; www.tcl.edu/registration; www.tcl.edu/student-records
- Commencement is reimagined and will be delivered in a virtual format! This is a new and exciting concept! More information will follow in the coming week. Graduates for 2020 will also be invited to participate in the 2021 ceremony.
- LIBRARY and TUTORING. The TCL Library and Tutoring Center are available. Tutors will be online beginning April 1. Links: https://www.tcl.edu/library/ and https://www.tcl.edu/student-services/tutoring/
- ONLINE TIPS. During the following weeks the College will host a number of forums and activities online. Students, watch social media and your email for notices.
This is a rapidly changing situation. We know there are many questions: please bear with us as we gather information and respond. We will keep you updated as quickly and often as possible. Please continue to check www.tcl.edu/emergency for the latest. Your health and safety are important to us and take top priority. If you feel sick, please stay home and contact a medical provider immediately.
Check out this list of resources and services being provided by our community and partners.
If you have any TCL-related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-525-8207.
Important TCL Website Links for Students:
* We will continue to update this page as information changes or becomes available.
More about the Coronavirus
- Through the air by coughing and sneezing
- Through close personal contact such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching an object that has the virus on it and then touching your nose, mouth or eyes
- Travelers to and from certain area are at an increased risk; as are the close contacts of those who are ill
- Please note that the current risk of the coronavirus to the public is low
- Shortness of breath
- Wash hands (often)
- Use preventive measures (avoid handshakes or other physical greetings such as hugs, etc.)
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth and unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Stay home while you are sick; avoid others
- Cover mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve
- For more information about developments, please check the dedicated SC DHEC page at https://scdhec.gov/health/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19.
- In addition, please review this fact sheet with helpful tips about prevention.
- Also, check the World Health Organization’s website www.coronavirus.com
In Case of Emergency:
TCL Emergency Updates will be posted to www.tcl.edu and www.facebook.com/goTCL and shared with 98.7 The River and The Beaufort Gazette/Island Packet. In addition, communications will be sent to your TCL email address. If you would like to receive text alerts, follow instructions here. Keep in mind, in the event of a storm and/or power outage, some outlets may not work. It’s best to know all the options, so that you can check multiple sources.