As of August 17, 2020:
All campuses of the Technical College of the Lowcountry have entered into Phase 2.5 of returning to normal operations. During this period, campuses remain closed to the public. We are always open online.
- Cashier Office is now open at the Beaufort Mather Campus and at the New River Campus Monday–Thursday 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Masks are required and only one student is permitted in the Cashier Office at a time.
- Beginning August 24, the New River Campus library and the Beaufort Mather Campus library is open for limited hours. See hours below.
- Beginning August 26, the Beaufort Mather Campus bookstore is open for limited hours. See hours below.
Fall 2020 Semester Information
See the Student Resources page for important information regarding fall semester plans.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
- ONLINE. Students may register now for fall classes, which include hybrid and online options and limited face-to-face instruction. See details here.
- LOG IN. Students, make sure to log in to Blackboard frequently. This is important to stay up-to-date with your online classes.
- WI-FI. The College has established Wi-Fi hotspots on all campuses. See the Student Resources webpage for additional Wi-Fi information.
- Beaufort Mather Campus. Wi-Fi is available at two locations, the parking lot with the security guard office near Building 12 and the Building 6 parking lot.
- Bluffton New River Campus. Wi-Fi is available in the main parking area.
- Hampton Mungin Center. Wi-Fi is available in the main parking area near the welding trailer.
- CONNECT: Student communication will happen via email and social media. Students, please check your email frequently as well as social media for news and resources.
- CAMPUSES CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. All College campuses remain physically closed to the public.
- STUDENT SERVICES. Student Services staff are available via email, chat, and all social media platforms during out normal business hours (8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., M-Th, 8-11:30 a.m. Friday). They can also be reached by email at email@example.com or accessing the NEW live chat option on any of the following websites: tcl.edu/admissions; www.tcl.edu/registration; www.tcl.edu/student-records
- TUTORING. The Tutoring Center is available online. Links: https://www.tcl.edu/library/ and https://www.tcl.edu/student-services/tutoring/
- ONLINE TIPS. During the following weeks the College will host a number of forums and activities online. Students, watch social media and your email for notices.
For more information, visit the Library website at www.tcl.edu/library.
|Beaufort||8-12||8-12||1-5||1-5||Closed (curbside pickup available by appointment from 8–11:30 a.m.)|
|New River||1-5||1-5||8-12||8-12||Closed (curbside pickup available by appointment from 8–11:30 a.m.)|
This is a rapidly changing situation. We know there are many questions: please bear with us as we gather information and respond. We will keep you updated as quickly and often as possible. Please continue to check www.tcl.edu/emergency for the latest. Your health and safety are important to us and take top priority. If you feel sick, please stay home and contact a medical provider immediately.
Check out this list of resources and services being provided by our community and partners.
Important TCL Website Links for Students:
CARES Act Information
* RETURN TO CAMPUS GUIDELINES, RESOURCES AND INFORMATION (updated 08/17/2020)
More about the Coronavirus
- Through the air by coughing and sneezing
- Through close personal contact such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching an object that has the virus on it and then touching your nose, mouth or eyes
- Travelers to and from certain area are at an increased risk; as are the close contacts of those who are ill
- Please note that the current risk of the coronavirus to the public is low
- Shortness of breath
- Wash hands (often)
- Use preventive measures (avoid handshakes or other physical greetings such as hugs, etc.)
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth and unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Stay home while you are sick; avoid others
- Cover mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve
- For more information about developments, please check the dedicated SC DHEC page at https://scdhec.gov/health/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19.
- In addition, please review this fact sheet with helpful tips about prevention.
- Also, check the World Health Organization’s website www.coronavirus.com
In Case of Emergency:
TCL Emergency Updates will be posted to www.tcl.edu and www.facebook.com/goTCL and shared with 98.7 The River and The Beaufort Gazette/Island Packet. In addition, communications will be sent to your TCL email address. If you would like to receive text alerts, follow instructions here. Keep in mind, in the event of a storm and/or power outage, some outlets may not work. It’s best to know all the options, so that you can check multiple sources.