Are you a spouse or dependent of an Active Duty Military member?
Well, first of all, let us thank you for your support! Now, let us support you in this process. Please see below for steps to enrolling at TCL.
Apply for Enrollment.
Career Coach: Do you need some help figuring out which career path is right for you? Explore Career Coach online for further career pathway guidance. Schedule an appointment to discuss your results with the Military & Veterans Navigator. View information on our 80+ programs online at https://www.tcl.edu/academics/.
Apply to TCL Online: https://www.tcl.edu/admissions/apply/. Please indicate your military affiliation on the application.
- Application Follow-Up: A follow-up email will be sent to the email listed on your admissions application from the Military & Veterans Navigator to confirm your specific admissions requirements.
Submit transcripts and/or take the placement tests:
- Submit Official Final High School or GED Transcript: Mail to the Office of Admissions—PO Box 1288, Beaufort, SC 29901, submit in-person or send electronically via Parchment, Scribble, or National Clearinghouse. All students attending credit-based programs are required to submit their final high school or GED transcript.
- Submit Your Official College Transcript(s) (for college transfers): Mail to the Office of Student Records—PO Box 1288, Beaufort, SC 29901, submit in-person, or send electronically via Parchment, Scribble, or National Clearinghouse.
- If you are transferring in College-Level English and Math credits, you will not need to take the placement test.
- Placement Testing (if needed): Please visit the Testing Center webpage via https://www.tcl.edu/admissions/placement-testing, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at (843) 470-8400 to schedule your appointment, beforehand. Practice tests are available ataccuplacer.org.
Activate Your TCL Student Email: Within two days of acceptance, please set up your TCL Student Email in order to receive and send in all college-related correspondence. Information on setting up your student email can be found via https://www.tcl.edu/campus-life/social/student-email/.
Online Student Orientation: Attend New Student Orientation Online.
Active Duty Military Spouses Only*: Apply for the MyCAA (Military Spouse Career Advancement Account) Scholarship on https://mycaa.militaryonesource.mil/mycaa/. Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2 can potentially begin and complete their college coursework while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders, including spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserve component in these same pay grades. Please contact the Education Office on base or a MyCAA Career Coach at 1-800-342-9647 for more information on how to apply.
- Education & Training Plan: You will need to contact our Military & Veteran Affairs Office to obtain your personalized Education & Training Plan (ETP) for your MyCAA Career Coach to evaluate and approve your eligibility. MyCAA recipients must complete and submit all admissions requirements before asking our office to complete this document.
- Submit MyCAA Voucher: Please submit your MyCAA Scholarship Voucher to the Cashier’s Office at email@example.com or inside Building 3 (Beaufort Campus) each semester.
Transferring of Ch. 33: Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® Benefits: Service Members can also transfer their Post 9/11 benefits to their spouse and/or dependents prior to being discharged from active-duty military service via https://www.va.gov/education/transfer-post-9-11-gi-bill-benefits/. For assistance, call VA at 1-888-442-4551.
- After the transfer has been approved, dependents can apply online for the Post 9/11 benefits at https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/. *Please allow up to four to six weeks for processing.
- Within four to six weeks, VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility in the mail. Don’t forget to send that document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid): Complete the FAFSA online at https://fafsa.gov/. TCL’s school code is 009910. Starting October 1st each year, you must complete the FAFSA for all financial aid, including the SC Lottery Tuition Assistance program. *Please note that it takes about a week for our Office of Financial Aid to receive your FAFSA application.
Financial Aid Eligibility: Confirm your eligibility with our Office of Financial Aid via TCL Self Service and your TCL Student Email. *Students may have to submit additional documentation to be awarded financial aid. You can contact them at email@example.com or (843) 470-5961.
Your TCL admissions application may require you to submit documentation from one of the following categories for residency purposes. Please follow the instructions as prompted by your unique TCL Follow-up Email.
Live Here, Work Here, or Retired Here? South Carolina and Georgia (Effingham and Chatham County) residents may also complete and submit the applicable Residency Verification Form for our Residency Office to determine your eligibility for in-state tuition. More information on residency can be found via this link: tcl.edu/admissions/new-student-documentation-residency/. *Students may qualify for South Carolina based aid if they can prove actual residence in the state of South Carolina for at least one full year or more.
Special Residency Exception for Dependents of Active Duty Servicemembers: Dependents of active duty service members who are assigned to a military base in the state of South Carolina and Fort Stewart or Hunter Army Airfield in Georgia may qualify to pay in-state tuition rates. *Please note: Students submitting these documents will not qualify to receive South Carolina based aid (i.e., SC Lottery Tuition Assistance, SC WINS, and more). Students must use their TCL Student Email to submit the following documents to the Military & Veterans Navigator or Residency Officer (Building 2 – Coleman Hall):
- Active Duty Service Member’s military orders and/or most recent LES (Leave & Earnings Statement)
- Proof of dependency indicating the student’s relationship to the active-duty service member or veteran (i.e., marriage license, birth certificate, and/or adoption paperwork).
TCL Self Service: Log in to your TCL Self Service Account. This portal will help you view your TCL Program Evaluation, pay for classes, view course grades, and register for classes. More information on how to access your TCL Self Service account can be found at https://www.tcl.edu/academics/registration/self-service.
Academic Advisement: Schedule an appointment to meet with the Military & Veterans Navigator and/or Academic Advisor to help you register for classes through TCL Self Service.
Veterans Certification Form: All G.I. Bill® recipients must complete the Fillable Veterans Certification Form (every semester that you desire to use your benefits) and submit this document along with your class schedule to the VA Certifying Official via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our VA staff inside Building 2: Coleman Hall) and the Veterans Resource Center (Building 12: MacLean Hall – Room 107).
Other Important TCL Information.
TCL Student ID & Parking Permit: Obtain your Student ID and Parking Permit from Student Records (Building 2: Coleman Hall, Room 106) and learn more information about the college.
TCL Blackboard: Setup your TCL Blackboard account (especially, if you are registered for online classes). *Classes will appear approximately 2-3 days prior to the term start date. Blackboard login information can be found at https://www.tcl.edu/campus-life/social/blackboard/.
College Payment Arrangement: If you still have a balance, you can make payments online on your Self-Service account or inside the Cashier’s Office located in Building 3. They accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
Student Refund: Students expecting a refund can sign-up for direct deposit via https://www.tcl.edu/financial-aid-tuition/tuition-fees/disbursement-checks/. Questions, please contact the Cashier’s Office at 843-525-8355.
Books & Supplies: Purchase textbooks and supplies inside the TCL College Store located in Building 12: MacLean Hall, Room 102 or visit their website online at http://bookstore.tcl.edu/Home.
TCL Veterans Resource Center (VRC): Visit the Veterans Resource Center located in Building. 12: MacLean Hall, Room 107.
VA School Certifying Official:
VA School Certifying Official
Veterans Admissions Counselor
Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island
Mondays & Wednesdays — 0900–1400
Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort
Tuesdays & Thursdays — 0900–1400