MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
The Technical College of the Lowcountry’s institutional effectiveness (IE) system is designed to create and sustain a culture of continuous improvement. The core functions that support this effort include strategic planning, assessment, institutional research, accreditation, and program review. Our College Vision, Mission, Goals, and Values guide these efforts. We have developed our College and Unit Strategic Plans from this robust platform. These plans are a framework to ensure a successful future for TCL. They guide decision-making and provide a foundation for our accreditation compliance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
IE requires the entire college community to work together. I appreciate everyone’s contributions to TCL’s success.
Dr. Richard Gough, Ed.D.
Our vision is to elevate each student and every community we serve through transformative technology and exceptional teaching.
The Technical College of the Lowcountry’s mission is to provide accessible, high-quality academic education and workforce training to serve the needs of individuals, businesses, and industries in Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton, and Jasper counties.
- Cultivate an environment of accountability, communication, and growth.
- Advance academic quality.
- Refine and improve operational effectiveness and promote resource stewardship.
- Enhance and sustain student success from application to completion.
- We value continuous quality improvement leading to true excellence in all areas of the college.
- We value expansion and enhancement of the college’s services and educational offerings to meet the increasing and changing needs of students, employers and the communities we serve.
- We value responsibility, accountability, ethical behavior in an atmosphere of honesty, open communication, and with mutual respect.
- We value an education environment that attracts and supports a diverse student and staff community, and fosters awareness.
- We value the responsible use of resources to achieve balance among social, economic, and environmental practices.
- Institutional Effectiveness (IE) Timeline PDF
- South Carolina Technical College System Program Evaluation Summary
- SACSCOC Reaffirmation
- Strategic Plan
- Student Achievement Data
- Policies and Procedures
Dean of Learning Support & SACSCOC Liaison
Beaufort Mather Campus, Bldg. 12, Rm. 203