Early Childhood Development: Certificate
Say “yes” to childish ways.
Prepare for a rewarding career in early childhood development and learn to care for the whole child.
The Early Childhood Development certificate program offers a practical and theoretical approach to child care. You’ll gain a thorough knowledge of the physical, emotional, social and cognitive development of children.
The 27-credit-hour program can be completed in as little as three semesters. Coursework ranges from growth and development, to guidance and classroom management, to science and math concepts.
Accreditation & Accolades
Technical College of the Lowcountry is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Technical College of the Lowcountry.
What People Are Saying
“Employers know that when they hire our graduates, they are getting a highly qualified professional.”
FAQs & Additional Informationtoggle all
Tuition: 27 credits x $190 per credit = $5,130.
Remember, this is before S.C. Lottery Tuition Assistance and other financial aid, which could drop your costs by more than half. In fact, after financial aid, many TCL students attend for free.
*Based on Fall 2019 in-state, in-service-area tuition. Your actual cost may differ. Does not include fees, books and other costs. Qualifications vary.
• Graduates go to work in a variety of child care settings, including child care centers, preschools, Headstart programs, public schools, private kindergartens. Others choose to continue their education and pursue an associate degree at TCL.
• The S.C. annual mean wage for childcare workers is $20,370, according to 2017 reports from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Earnings can increase substantially with time and experience. For example, child care directors have an annual mean wage of $44,480.
The program prepares students to provide quality care for young children and is designed for:
• Full-time students preparing for a career in early childhood development.
• Currently employed individuals pursuing a career change as a child care assistant.
• Childcare teachers and administrators who want to expand their early childhood knowledge.
• Parents who want to learn more about the growth and development of young children.
Gainful Employment: Learn more about the Early Childhood Development Certificate.
Request More Info
SC WINS will help boost the number of technical college graduates in “critical” workforce areas.More News