Benefits are an important part of your total Technical College of the Lowcountry compensation package. Additionally, benefits provide peace of mind for you and your family members in almost every area of life, ranging from medical coverage to long-term disability insurance and from paid leave to an employee assistance program.
TCL offers a wide array of these benefits and more. Certain eligibility conditions must be met to qualify for select benefits.
Employee Assistance Program
- Insurance Benefits
- Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA)
- Optional Life, Spouse Life, & Dependent Child Life
- Long Term Disability
- Medical Spending, Dependent Care, and Health Savings Accounts
- South Carolina Retirement System
- Optional Retirement Plans (ORPs)
- Mass Mutual
- Deferred Compensation (Supplemental retirement plans)
- 401k (Roth and non-Roth)
- 457 (Roth and non-Roth)
- Annual Leave: All full-time staff accrue 9.38 hours of annual leave each month (up to 15 days per year) until a total of 45 days is reached. A bonus of 1.25 working days of annual leave is granted each month for each year of continuous service greater than 10 years and less than 23 years.
- Sick Leave: All full-time employees accrue 9.38 hours of sick leave each month (up to 15 days per year) until a total of 180 days is reached. Sick leave may be converted to service credit for purposes of retirement for Class II members of the SCRS.
- Faculty Non-Work Days: Faculty do not accrue annual leave or holiday leave. Full-time faculty are granted 23 non-work days, per 39-week academic term (Fall and Spring semesters) inclusive of holidays (as observed by the College). One additional bonus day is granted each academic year for greater than 10 years, greater than 15 years, and greater than 20 years of service. All full-time faculty working a full-load in the summer receive an additional 5 days that must be taken during the Summer semester.
- Holiday Leave: All full-time staff receive 13 paid holidays per year. Please see the current Holiday Schedule for details.
- TCL offers both paid and unpaid leave for a variety of other reasons to include: court, voting, work-incurred and other disabilities, family illness, bereavement, medical needs, jury duty, and military service, etc.