Scholarships may be available to qualified South Carolina residents.
For more information call 843-525-8205.
The South Carolina Workforce Industry Needs Scholarship (SCWINS) and Workforce Scholarships and Grants are limited to South Carolina residents enrolled in critical workforce programs that lead to an industry recognized credential, certificate, diploma or degree. Funds can be used to cover the tuition costs of the program up to the maximum annual limit of $5,000. Scholarships will be awarded based on classroom and funding availability. Completion of a scholarship application does not guarantee admission into a program. Applicants may not be eligible for new funding if they did not successfully complete a previously funded program.
Review the information below. If you think you may be eligible complete the online application.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Scholarship recipients must be current residents of South Carolina and all applicants will need to provide the college with social security number, date of birth and proof of residency.
Some programs have additional registration requirements. While you do not need to submit this additional documentation with your scholarship application, you will be asked to provide it before you can register.
- Education: If required, applicant will be asked to provide a copy of high school diploma, GED, or a college transcript.
- Drug-free: If required, applicant must provide proof of a current (within three days) negative drug screen. Some programs may require more than one drug screen.
- Criminal History: If required, must provide copy of a current (within three days) SC SLED or national background check. Applicants with felony convictions are not eligible for scholarship funds.
Scholarship Funds Will Cover the cost of tuition for one program and/or course.
Scholarship awards are based on classroom and funding availability. Completion of this application does not guarantee admission into a program.
Scholarship applicants may not be eligible for funding if they did not successfully complete or attend the first day of class for previously awarded programs.
- SNAP (Food Stamps) Education & Training Program – Contact DSS at 803-636-7545 or email SNAP2WORK@dss.sc.gov
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services – https://scvrd.net/consumer-services-overview
- Payment Plan. Call 843-525-8355 to set-up a plan, after you have registered, you must make a 25%–33% 1st payment
- Workforce Initiative Opportunity Act Assistance Program(s)
- WIOA – Jasper/Beaufort – (843-694-7024);
- WIOA – Colleton (843-694-7238);
- WIOA – Hampton, (843-226-9254);
- WIOA – Allendale (803) 450-1017 OR (803) 275-7168
- Project Hope (803-898-9090) (DSS, TANF)
- Military Education Benefits
- Active Duty – https://www.militaryonesource.mil/education-employment/for-service-members/preparing-for-higher-education/how-to-use-the-military-tuition-assistance-program/
- Dependents – MYCAA – https://mycaa.militaryonesource.mil/mycaa
- Veterans & General Information – https://www.usa.gov/education-military-veterans