This 208 hour DHEC approved course is designed to prepare students for emergency medical technician, basic level.
See full EMT Course Requirements.
*Tuition $2200, SLED $26, WIN Test is free. Student must purchase textbook and exam.
Prior to paying for tuition, students must:
- Take WIN or WorkKeys and earn a SILVER certificate (level 4) Testing is offered for free through Adult Education. (ASVAB score of 50 also accepted).
- Submit proof of GED or high school graduation
- Pass a Criminal Background check ($26)You will need to submit the following items to register for a course:
- State-issued Photo ID (such as a driver’s license)
- WIN/R2W/WorkKeys scores/certificate – Level SILVER (4) – FREE through Adult Education
- * EMT also requires proof of High School Diploma or GED
- 2-step PPD/QuantiFERON Gold TB test completed within 3 months before class start date
- Doctor Reviewed Negative Chest X-Ray required if either TB Test is positive
- SLED Background check completed no more than 3 months before class start date
- $26 fee charged by SLED CATCH, payable online using VISA/MC Credit, Debit, Pre-Paid Card – NO CASH
- Can be done in our office or at your home – Beaufort Campus Bldg. 22 Room 106
- https://catch.sled.sc.gov/ – use your full legal name, SSN, and date of birth
- Send us a printout or PDF via email – DO NOT send a link.
FULL SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE
To eligible South Carolina residents!
Click here to see eligible programs.