Thank you for interest in health sciences programs.
Health Sciences programs have an additional application process. Please note that the first step is to submit an admissions application to the Technical College of the Lowcountry. Acceptance into the college does not guarantee admission into a health sciences program. Depending on your program of study, you might start taking prerequisite classes before submitting your health sciences application. See below for more information about the process and the health sciences application.
- January 16 – April 3, 2023 for Fall 2023 Classes. Applications closed.
- August 1 through October 17, 2023 (3 p.m.) for Spring 2024 classes.
Medical Assisting, Radiologic Technology:
- January 16 – May 25, 2023 for Fall 2023 Classes. Applications closed.
Massage Therapy, Surgical Technology, Physical Therapist Assistant:
- Deadline extended to June 8, 2023 (3 p.m.) for Fall 2023 classes.
Health Sciences Program Application
Nursing Program Application
1. Apply to TCL.
Visit www.tcl.edu/apply for all the details.
It is necessary to re-apply if you have not attended classes at TCL for > 1 year.
Please verify official transcripts from high school (or GED) and all colleges previously attended have been received by TCL. Note – It is the student’s responsibility to follow-up with Student Records for transfer of credits.
2. Schedule an appointment with your Health Sciences Navigator, and begin prerequisite classes, if needed per program requirements.
Click here to see more information and instructions.
3. Attend a Health Sciences info session (HSIS).
This is a requirement for all health sciences program. Click here to learn more and to RSVP.
4. Meet with a Health Sciences advisor.
Please use this link to schedule an appointment: https://tcl.campus.eab.com/pal/sQ6Nqjq_fp
5. Take entrance exams (Achieve 3000 & TEAS Test), if needed per program requirements.
Consult with your health sciences advisor first, and then visit https://www.tcl.edu/admissions/placement-testing/ to schedule your test.
Click here for a TEAS Resource Guide.
6. Apply to your selected health sciences program by published deadlines
Learn more about the application itself and complete the application online here. Prepare for the application by checking out the checklists/score sheets below. Visit each program page for full details and more information.
- Massage Therapy Application Checklist
- Medical Assisting Application Checklist
- Surgical Technology Program Application Checklist
- Generic Nursing Program Application Checklist
- Advanced Placement Nursing Program Application Checklist
- Physical Therapy Assistant Program Application Checklist
- Radiologic Technology Program Application Checklist
Weighted Admission Score Sheets