October 21-30, 2023
In partnership with:
Find new culinary perspectives in Ireland. Ireland’s rich culinary history can be found across its towns and cities, from the incredible seafood along the Wild Atlantic Way, to the street markets and food festivals of Dublin and Kilkenny. This trip is a chance to see and taste it all in person, and learn about the people and places that shaped our gastronomic landscape. This course in Ireland explores how Irish food culture has changed and grown over centuries, influenced by factors such as immigration, emigration, and other cultural paradigms. There are many narratives we share with the U.S, including fascinating comparisons with our history, customs and traditions.
Download print-friendly flyer with more information here.
- Pre-Travel Online Preparation Course on the Narratives of Ireland
- Field trips associated with the Irish Food, Beverage and Hospitality industries
- Travel to Ireland’s famous Wild Atlantic Way for fresh-caught seafood.
- Visit the Savour Food Festival in Kilkenny, showcasing the best in Irish produce and culinary talent
- Visit to one of Ireland’s Gaelic- speaking islands
- Opportunities to sample fabulous food at local restaurants and hear Irish traditional music
Cost & Deposit
The REDUCED program fee of $2,490 includes local transportation, lodging, most meals and a 2-day ticket to Savour Food Festival, classes, workshops and demonstrations.
EXTENDED! Acceptance and deposit of $110 due June 30, 2023.
Participants must also purchase travel insurance.
Who can go?
Any TCL students, alumni, faculty, staff, donors and friends of the college are invited to join us on this special adventure. The study abroad trip is also open to technical colleges in South Carolina with a culinary program. Also, students wanting credit for the course can sign up for the CUL 299 Special Topics course.
Do you have questions for TCL? Please contact Dean & Chef Francine Marz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the itinerary, lodging, forms, payment, etc? Contact the Institute of Study Abroad Ireland at email@example.com or visit isaireland.com/food-trip-hub
Visit isaireland.com/food-trip-hub to:
- Fill out your Trip Forms
- Make a Payment:
- FAQS and What to Pack