Spring Textbooks Coming Soon!
(No payment required.)
Technical College of the Lowcountry is committed to empowering students to achieve academic success by providing timely access to essential learning materials.
The First Day Complete Textbook Program provides students access to required textbooks, lab manuals, and access codes for an affordable flat rate of $22.00 per credit hour.
Students enrolled in the program save an average of 65% on textbooks per semester.
How It Works
- Register for classes and reserve books. Prior to each semester students will receive an email with important dates and information to reserve their books. Students will click the link in the email or click the “Reserve My Books” link on the TCL College Store website, to select a delivery preference of in-store pick up or shipping* for their textbook order. *Shipping fees apply.
- The student account will be charged a per credit hour fee each semester. Students will be charged $22.00 per credit hour for books.
- The bookstore will prepare and package the order and email the student before classes begin to let them know that the books are ready for pick-up or have been shipped.
- Head to the first day of class with the books needed to succeed this semester.
TEXTBOOK RENTAL FAQs
Policy for Title IV Financial Aid Recipients
In accordance with federal regulations, The Technical College of the Lowcountry has established a policy under which an eligible Title IV financial aid recipient may opt-out of the per credit hour book fee program. Students are encouraged to read the opt-out policy, prior to submitting the Title IV Financial Aid Recipient Textbook Program Opt-Out Form from their Self-Service account.
- Students opting out of the First Day Complete Textbook Program must opt-out by the last day of the swap/drop period (see registration guide for specific dates) and may not re-enter the program during the semester (see opt out form for details).
- Students electing to opt-out of the program must complete the electronic Title IV Financial Aid Recipient Textbook Program Opt-Out form located on their Self-Service account. Once the opt-out form is submitted, the TCL College Store is no longer responsible for issuing textbooks to the student.
- Students are required to opt-out each semester.
- Students electing to opt-out of the program and have received their books from The TCL College Store through the book program are required to return the books to the TCL College Store within 24 hours of remitting the opt-out form online. Students failing to do so will be assessed the full cost of each book to their student account.
- Title IV financial aid recipients have the option of purchasing books at their own expense or by using their FA funds in the TCL College Store. It is the responsibility of the student to purchase all required books should they opt-out of the program. They must review the book list on TCL College Store website to ensure purchases made outside of this program are accurate and match the faculty’s up to date book adoption.