Reserve Your Fall Textbooks Now!
(No payment required.)
Technical College of the Lowcountry is committed to empowering students to achieve academic success by providing timely access to essential learning materials.
The First Day Complete Textbook Program provides students access to required textbooks, lab manuals, and access codes for an affordable flat rate of $22.00 per credit hour.
Students enrolled in the program save an average of 65% on textbooks per semester.
How It Works
- Register for classes and reserve books. Prior to each semester students will receive an email with important dates and information to reserve their books. Students will click the link in the email or click the “Reserve My Books” link on the TCL College Store website, to select a delivery preference of in-store pick up or shipping* for their textbook order. *Shipping fees apply.
- The student account will be charged a per credit hour fee each semester. Students will be charged $22.00 per credit hour for books.
- The bookstore will prepare and package the order and email the student before classes begin to let them know that the books are ready for pick-up or have been shipped.
- Head to the first day of class with the books needed to succeed this semester.
TEXTBOOK RENTAL FAQs
Policy for Title IV Financial Aid Recipients
In accordance with federal regulations, The Technical College of the Lowcountry has established a policy under which an eligible Title IV financial aid recipient may opt-out of the per credit hour book fee program.
- Students electing to opt-out of the program must do so by the last day of the swap/drop period (see registration guide for specific dates). If a student elects to opt-out, they are opting out of the entire semester, not course by course. If a student is registered for the 15-week (full term) courses or a combination of the 15, 10 or 7-week courses, they must opt out by the last day of swap/drop for the full 15-week term and may not re-enter the program during the semester to which was opted out. If a student registers for only the 10 or 7- week sessions and does so after the start of the full term, they have until the last day of swap/drop for these sessions to opt out. Students are required to opt out every semester. Upon receiving official notice that a student wishes to opt-out of the program, the fees will be credited to the student’s account within 30 days.
- Students electing to opt-out of the program and have received their books from The TCL College Store through the book program are required to return the books to the TCL College Store within 24 hours. Students failing to do so will be assessed the full cost of each book to their student account.
- Title IV financial aid recipients have the option of purchasing books at their own expense or by using their FA funds in the TCL College Store. It is the responsibility of the student to purchase all required books should they opt-out of the program. They must review the book list on TCL College Store website to ensure purchases made outside of this program are accurate and match the faculty’s up to date book adoption.
- Start here if you wish to begin the opt out process: OPT OUT. Once the opt out process is completed, the TCL College Store is no longer responsible for issuing textbooks to the student.