Home /


Apply now!

Just check out the links to the right to find the information you need. A great place to start is to read through our easy steps to enrollment.

Click here to view a list of important dates and deadlines.


New Student

You are a new student if you are attending TCL for the first time, have not attended any other college, and want to enroll in a curriculum program to pursue an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate. If this is you, start your application process with our easy steps.



You are a returning student if you have not been enrolled within the last 3 semesters, or you are considered a returning student if you ever attended TCL and have decided to come back. You do have to complete the admissions application. You will need to take the placement test if you never enrolled in any of the classes you previously tested for and if it has been more that 3 years since you have last tested.  Contact Admissions with any questions you might have.



You are a transfer student if you are attending TCL for the first time but have attended another college before and you plan to transfer credit from that institution. You will need to complete a TCL admissions application and submit your official transcripts for all colleges from which you want to transfer credits.


Military and Dependents

Military and military dependents need to complete an admissions application.  Various resources for military students are available and TCL has an office located at Parris Island and at the Marine Corp Air Station.  Click here for military admissions and financial aid information.



You are a transient student if you are attending another college but may want to take additional classes in the summer.  You must be in good standing with your institution and eligible to return.  You need to ensure that the class(es) you take at TCL are approved for your program and institution.  Submit a TCL admissions application along with a transient form or a letter of approval for transfer of credit from your home/primary institution.  You do not need to take a placement test.



You are an undecided student if you have not chosen an academic program at TCL or are not sure if you want to earn an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate. TCL’s Career Counselor can help you choose a program of study or advise you towards a career goal. Contact the career services office at 843-525-8224. Note: Students who are undecided are not eligible for financial aid or lottery tuition assistance.


High School

If you attend high school in Beaufort, Colleton, Hampton, and Jasper counties or you are a home schooled student, you may be eligible to enroll in TCL’s dual enrollment program, Early College Credit Opportunities (ECCO).  For more information click here.



International students are encouraged to contact the Admissions Intake Services Coordinator at 843-525-8208 or 525-8207. For more information, visit policies & procedures.



You are a non-degree seeking student if you want to enroll in credit courses but don’t seek to earn an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate.  You must be at least 18 years old or have a GED or high school diploma and must complete a placement test.  Please note:  Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid, veterans’ benefits or SC lottery tuition assistance. Contact the Admissions Office at 843-525-8207 for more information.



If you want to audit a curriculum class without earning credit, submit an admissions application.  You will have to pay full tuition for the class(es) and must get departmental approval to audit classes that have prerequisites of testing requirements.  Some courses cannot be audited.  Please keep in mind that you do not receive credit for the class, and you are not eligible for financial aid.


Senior Citizen

If you are over 60, do not work full-time, and a legal resident of South Carolina, you may take a selected academic course on a space-available basis as a senior citizen without paying tuition. You will need to submit an admissions application and receive approval prior to registration to ensure the class is available. Please contact the Student Records office for additional information.


Continuing Education Student

If you are looking for non-credit, continuing education classes, workforce license or personal enrichment, learn more here.

Need help?

Got Questions?

Please call 843.525.8207.


Or Visit Admissions:

Beaufort Campus:

Building 2, Lobby

M-Th: 8-5:30 | F: 8-11:30

New River Campus:

M-Th: 8-5:30 | F: 8-11:30

Hampton Campus:

M-Th: 8-5:30 | F: 8-11:30

Registration 101

All you need to know about Spring registration can be found in our Registration Guide. Please download your PDF copy today.



The Admission process is easy! Check out this video!